News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

MLK day, where to?

Started by hcrum87hc, January 14, 2019, 11:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcrum87hc

I went.  I probably shouldn't have, except for the fact I was able to get out of the house.  It never got above freezing, but the sun was shining, so it wasn't too bad.  It was definitely the coldest I've ever fished, though.  No hook ups, as expected, but it was nice to get out.  The water was high and fast, which wasn't super conducive for winter fishing when combined with the cold.  I found a couple of good looking holes and dredged the bottom with no luck.  I did check out a few new streams and forest service roads, so it wasn't a total bust.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I thought these tear drop icicles were cool.

I though this hole might have something for me. 

b';

Jeremiah 17:7

Aka

Quote from: The Dude on January 21, 2019, 19:31:37 PM
Quote from: Aka on January 21, 2019, 10:35:34 AM
Quote from: The Dude on January 15, 2019, 10:50:44 AM
Curtis Creek. Park at the gate and hike up 1/4 mile. You'll have the water to yourself and there should be plenty of wild fish. Find long slow pools and fish them thoroughly from tailout to head riffles and everywhere in between. Make long drifts through the middle and stay near the bottom. Set the hook at anything and everything. Takes will be subtle. If you aren't catching fish, it is likely more that you are getting bites without you ever knowing than it is that the fish aren't biting. If you feel like you are making a good drift through a prime section and aren't getting takes, set the hook at random and you might be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all else fails lay out a 50 - 60 foot cast from the back of the pools all the way to the head and strip set all the way back. This typically gets fish interested that otherwise might not be moving around too much. Often you will find they become so voracious that they become frenzied and attack with such vigor they will miss the fly with their mouths and your hook may get stuck in the side of the fish. If that happens you're doing something right so just continue doing it.
Sage advice from an old Alaskan King Salmon snagger.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow 'er down there hos. It wasn't just kings.

The Dude

Quote from: Aka on January 22, 2019, 09:51:52 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow 'er down there hos. It wasn't just kings.

Shouldn't you be cracking the whip on those Sumatran seamstresses right now?  Get back to work.
https://intothewool.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/its-all-in-the-details/
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

BRFFF

At least ya got out and explored some! I maybe small streaming tomorrow

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006