Use it all the time while mobile
2 (16.7%)
Need it for photo uploads
0 (0%)
one time at bandcamp ....
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Phil

Yah, I have a little 8" Fire HD tablet. Rarely use the thing.
Since I'm old and set in my ways, I bought ( a while back) a full-on Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Desktop PC TC-780, Intel Core i5-7400 Quad-core up to 3.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB HDD, USB 3.0, HDMI, 802.11ac WIFI, Bluetooth, DVD-RW w/ HP 24cwa monitor tower set that has more gazillions of everything than I'll ever use. Pictures look nice on it, though.

Onslow

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 13, 2019, 11:14:39 AM

Quote from: Phil on January 13, 2019, 09:33:43 AMWait a minute, though. I'm going to all the trouble of taking pretty fish pics, downloading them, posting them here, and then you guys are looking at them on a little frigging CELLPHONE? Jeeze. Never mind.

Computer Sales are way down, kids don't use them for anything, they live on their phones. Get with the times....

btw I'm 50/50 computer / phone.... and I'm old school with the 17" laptop.... might not be the fastest but it gets the job done I7 processor 16 GB ram 1 TB SSD and 1 TB HD....

Computers, like TVs are here to stay.  Kids are immature, and play with kid toys.  Laptops and desktops are for adults who are employed as managers, supervisors, or own businesses.  I'm sorry but 10 page reports cannot be practically generated on a effing handheld.  I use a mobile device for work (texting).  I must employ a bluetooth keyboard to make it practical to use.  Kids are young and dumb, and are not leaders of society, period.  Young people need to learn how to check the effing email, and get an effing clue!

The consumer market is saturated with computers.  THere are many to be had used at great prices.  I just recently purchased a good quality laptop for my son for $199.  It was a second hand Lenovo Thinkpad.  Work like a dream.  My teen now spends more time on it than his phone.

ARontheFly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Been thinking about getting a new tablet, ya know cause I was born in '82 and don't know how to survive without one. [emoji23] I have been a iPad man for a while bit have been looking at the surface pros

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after" HDT
[/quote]

—————————
Sapper,

- The surface pro is excellent, both my bosses have them as their only computer and they run a construction firm. Multi-tasking, giant data files, etc, all works great. The surface GO hasn't let me down but can take a few seconds to load giant building plan files. (3 Mississippi, oh our modern day impatience!)
With the amount of programs I have to run at once on it I expected the surface go to be lesser than the Pro and freeze up periodically. I have not had any issues. I'd recommend the pro if it's in budget though they are awesome. 

I run an Urban Armor Gear cover and the standard keyboard on mine. I'm planning to get one of the bombproof pelican laptop cases so I can use it in the tent on solo overnighters out of the boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"We don't whitewash it either, Morty. I mean, the pirates are really rapey."

driver

I personally enjoy viewing the forum on my Nokia 5110. Screen resolution isn't the best but it gets the job done.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Michael Toris

Ok, so we have a bunch of old grouchy asses on here that can't see for shit, a few young dudes that are actually with the modern world, and a couple hipster's in denial. I guess that about covers it.

Bossman, does this help your decision?