Author Topic: Climate change?  (Read 367 times)

Offline Onslow

• Steelhead
  • Karma +5/-1
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 21:49:47 PM »

I think the sooner we all abandon our hubris and “the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe”, and take exceptional care of our “Pale Blue Dot”, our home, the happier we will be.

The only real certainty in life on earth is death.  Whether one is pius, frugal, rich, poor, gluttonous, the outcome is the same. Furthermore, if one desires to eat meat, one must kill.  Ain't life on earth grand -0-

This notion that we can save our great human civilization is the great delusion of this time.  Enacting carbon taxes. or implementing Ocasio's Green Deal is akin to fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun.  A global birth tax would make more sense. 

Offline Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

• Steelhead
  • Karma +8/-3
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 22:39:48 PM »

I think the sooner we all abandon our hubris and “the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe”, and take exceptional care of our “Pale Blue Dot”, our home, the happier we will be.

The only real certainty in life on earth is death.  Whether one is pius, frugal, rich, poor, gluttonous, the outcome is the same. Furthermore, if one desires to eat meat, one must kill.  Ain't life on earth grand -0-

This notion that we can save our great human civilization is the great delusion of this time.  Enacting carbon taxes. or implementing Ocasio's Green Deal is akin to fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun.  A global birth tax would make more sense.

Life is grand, but it may be just as magnificent on some other rock in the universe.  I was sure life on the moon was glorious, but it was the 70s and I was stoned in a pasture along the Jackson River and the illumination from the Coleman lantern made the cow pies look like moon craters. 

No need to tax the birthing world --- just give every female walking the earth control over their reproductive potential; overpopulation of bipeds may no longer be a problem.