• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 05, 2021, 09:28:17 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Cowboy Returns

Started by Big J, December 30, 2018, 18:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Jesse texted me saying he'd be up in VA for the holidays fishing.  Worked out a date and picked out a drainage and trib that would handle all this rain with minimal effects.  Fished a stream I've fished a few times but never gave it it's due diligence.

Got into fish right away in the "big pool by parking lot that never holds a fish" pool that every stream seems to have.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="450" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
Amazing the flooding that took place this year.  This is 25 ft away from the stream and had the force to snap these trees at base.

Earned this fish.  Had to weave and crawl under dead fall to fish this run.  Well protected fish.

Poop

Nice bend to Cowboy's 0wt

Went up to a trib that we both hadn't explored and was surprised with how many and how healthy the brookies were in this piss trickle.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="450" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
Coffee break and an idea of the size stream.

Average size brookie in this trib.

Fun little trib to fish.  Will have to go back and explore more of it.

Hike out saw this log.  A lot of axe work to just give up on.  Work smart, not dumb.

Onslow

Dougfish

Sweet year end closeout.  'c; bd;0 -0-

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " -Oddball, 1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

itieuglyflies

Thanks for reporting on a good trip and pretty fishes

Phil

December 31, 2018, 09:08:15 AM #4 Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 09:15:06 AM by Phil

Excellent!  bd;0  bd;0  'c;   Damn, yawl gots some monster brookies up there in Virginny.

Jesse is a neighbor of mine now. Haven't fished with him in a little while due to spawn and then weather. Great to see somebody out and getting after the brookies!

Woolly Bugger

December 31, 2018, 11:53:07 AM #5 Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 11:54:42 AM by Woolly Bugger

Y'all had a good day! Cheers and happy new year to all y'all miscreants

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fishbug

Ill need the gps coordinates of this stream. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#CommissionsEarned