News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Picture This?

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 13, 2006, 20:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

QuoteToday, a cheery/hilarious/frightening story from reader Jeanine Weekes Schroer that really rings the bell on the Ridiculous meter:

"I just had an extremely frustrating experience with the Yahoo/Target photo service, where you upload pictures on Yahoo to pick up prints at Target (in an hour, if you'd like).

"I had uploaded ten pictures (random stuff); I asked for a mix of 8 by 10s, 5 by 7s, and 4 by 6s. One was of my husband's boat, because he loves it, and another was of my husband fishing near our home, because I love him. .....

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/?p=61   ::)
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

i dont blame target...everybody in this world is sue happy..you have to cover your own ass, even at the cost of customer service.

untill the world takes a chill pill, and stops sueing over every little thing, this is the way its going to be

just for arguments sake. let say they did have the woman sign some kind of waver, and she did have copyright protected material. most wavers dont hold up in court.... the lawers will not go after the lady, she dosn't have enough money. who do you think they will go after......target of course, thats where the big bucks are  ;)

so i say C.Y.A.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

phg

Actually, I have to agree with Target.  Produce the digital image on the card.  I rarely erase mine, and never erase any good pictures.  That is the negative, and media is so cheap (relative to film) that it doesn't make any sense.  I won't say the lady was lying, but I'm not convinced she's telling the truth either.