• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
March 24, 2019, 10:00:23 am

News:

Hatchery Supported Trout Waters Closed to Fishing March 1- April 6

+- +-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 2305
Latest: gpierce18
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 144304
Total Topics: 13913
Most Online Today: 590
Most Online Ever: 832
(March 08, 2019, 14:41:24 pm)
Users Online
Members: 22
Guests: 461
Total: 483

Spicebush and Bur Oak

Started by Big J, October 22, 2018, 08:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " <br />-Oddball, 1970

Big J

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

benben reincarnated

You shoulda ate that big brookie Jacob.

Big J

Quote from: benben reincarnated on October 23, 2018, 06:24:02 am

You shoulda ate that big brookie Jacob.

I don't think those trout have spawned yet.  Fins all looked healthy.  Males didn't look beat up.  Females looked plump.  Saw no redds nor any fish hanging out in tail outs.  I want some of that brookie's man juice in that stream for another generation.

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Hemingway

benben reincarnated

Still woulda been good to eat though.

Fishbug

Holee brook trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onslow

After a haul like that, one may be moved to hang it up....the fish chasing that is.

This post sorta gives some credence to stories I've heard in my neck of the woods.  The most seemingly outlandish one is an account from an angler with a solid reputation who claimed he had an average size brookie on the line, and  15-16 inch brookie came out from behind a car hood and chomped the one hooked.  Dee Vo has caught some gooderns out of said stream.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on October 26, 2018, 19:08:00 pm

After a haul like that, one may be moved to hang it up....the fish chasing that is.

This post sorta gives some credence to stories I've heard in my neck of the woods.  The most seemingly outlandish one is an account from an angler with a solid reputation who claimed he had an average size brookie on the line, and  15-16 inch brookie came out from behind a car hood and chomped the one hooked.  Dee Vo has caught some gooderns out of said stream.

ryguy

While bringing in small brook trout and the occasional shiner in Maine, I have had large brook trout and even a loon chomp down on the fish.  The loon fought particularly hard and went right under the boat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

The most seemingly outlandish one is an account from an angler with a solid reputation who claimed he had an average size brookie on the line, and  15-16 inch brookie came out from behind a car hood and chomped the one hooked.

I've witnessed this one other time with a brookie that was probably bigger than that go after a brookie.  It'll get your heart raising witnessing a brook trout that big thriving in the southern Appalachians.

Yallerhammer

Damn what a fish! Great TR all around, but that leviathan tops it off!  'c;

Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

+-Recent Topics

Smith-Continued by Woolly Bugger
March 23, 2019, 22:33:16 pm

Carp unlimited by Woolly Bugger
March 23, 2019, 20:39:29 pm

Annual BRFFF Fly SWAP! Tiers Choice - Due on the Ides of March! by Big J
March 23, 2019, 17:01:39 pm

Gallery by 22midge
March 23, 2019, 12:36:03 pm