News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spicebush and Bur Oak

Started by Big J, October 22, 2018, 08:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 22, 2018, 12:52:10 PM
For the record, I did not bail!  I was domineered, trumped, overruled, etc. by a 58 year old female hell bent on home improvement projects and other BS that cuts deep into any free time I was hoping to have in retirement.  Would any of you like to borrow an industrious, productive gal, who can wire a building, build most anything, and plant stuff (but can't cook)? – no charge, no time limit but would prefer contract to last through the 1st week of May 2019 (end of spring gobbler season).  Thank you.

Turn in your nut sack, sir.  :laugh:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on October 22, 2018, 20:41:38 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 22, 2018, 12:52:10 PM
For the record, I did not bail!  I was domineered, trumped, overruled, etc. by a 58 year old female hell bent on home improvement projects and other BS that cuts deep into any free time I was hoping to have in retirement.  Would any of you like to borrow an industrious, productive gal, who can wire a building, build most anything, and plant stuff (but can't cook)? – no charge, no time limit but would prefer contract to last through the 1st week of May 2019 (end of spring gobbler season).  Thank you.

Turn in your nut sack, sir.  :laugh:

Doug, you should see Mrs. Mudwall's power tool and hardwood collection. It would put any man's collection of tools to shame. She has a room filled with different kinds of hardwood. That building they had built she hung the dry wall, put down floors, rain the electrical, and putting in hardwood floors.  Very impressed.

benben reincarnated

You shoulda ate that big brookie Jacob.

Big J

Quote from: benben reincarnated on October 23, 2018, 06:24:02 AM
You shoulda ate that big brookie Jacob.

I don't think those trout have spawned yet.  Fins all looked healthy.  Males didn't look beat up.  Females looked plump.  Saw no redds nor any fish hanging out in tail outs.  I want some of that brookie's man juice in that stream for another generation.

benben reincarnated

Still woulda been good to eat though.

Fishbug

Holee brook trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onslow

After a haul like that, one may be moved to hang it up....the fish chasing that is.

This post sorta gives some credence to stories I've heard in my neck of the woods.  The most seemingly outlandish one is an account from an angler with a solid reputation who claimed he had an average size brookie on the line, and  15-16 inch brookie came out from behind a car hood and chomped the one hooked.  Dee Vo has caught some gooderns out of said stream.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Onslow on October 26, 2018, 19:08:00 PM
After a haul like that, one may be moved to hang it up....the fish chasing that is.

This post sorta gives some credence to stories I've heard in my neck of the woods.  The most seemingly outlandish one is an account from an angler with a solid reputation who claimed he had an average size brookie on the line, and  15-16 inch brookie came out from behind a car hood and chomped the one hooked.  Dee Vo has caught some gooderns out of said stream.

More time shall be spent on that crick! I've got some info on a couple others in NC that hold some big brookies as well as VA.

ryguy

While bringing in small brook trout and the occasional shiner in Maine, I have had large brook trout and even a loon chomp down on the fish.  The loon fought particularly hard and went right under the boat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

The most seemingly outlandish one is an account from an angler with a solid reputation who claimed he had an average size brookie on the line, and  15-16 inch brookie came out from behind a car hood and chomped the one hooked. 

I've witnessed this one other time with a brookie that was probably bigger than that go after a brookie.  It'll get your heart raising witnessing a brook trout that big thriving in the southern Appalachians.

Yallerhammer

Damn what a fish! Great TR all around, but that leviathan tops it off!  'c;
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff