News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Musky Chronicles

Started by DRIFTS, December 14, 2016, 06:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryguy

Haha thanks!  He took a few casts but he has become very interested in Switch and Spey casting.  He takes a trip to Canada for Atlantic Salmon most years, and that�s the way most folks fish up there.

I�m hoping to pick up on the Spey cast, just finished a 12� rod for a 4 weight line..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARontheFly

Weather was great last weekend but no eats, just a few lazy follows for J Miller and I.

The rivers blew out from rains during the middle of this week but then back down to fishable levels by this morning. So J Miller and I hit the water again.

Some 3 am go juice. 

You cannot view this attachment.

Wasn’t taking pictures today, temps reported low-mid 40’s. The coldest mid 40’s day I can ever remember fishing... rain, wind, zero sun. My kinda weather, but a few breaks in the rain would’ve been nice.

After too many months of not touching a musk... a fish appears, solid follow, then ran out of room to strip and went into figure 8. Fish disappears into the depths below the boat, Hail Mary mode- I lay out a wide figure 8, fly disappears into the depths and I can only hope. Then just as the fly comes back in to view; musky slam!

You cannot view this attachment.

J Miller on the net work, we were motivated as this was early in the day but weather got progressively nasty and no more fish sited.

Can’t wait to make the next cast.
"We don't whitewash it either, Morty. I mean, the pirates are really rapey."

Dougfish

A lousy weather score has to be the best.  0:0
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

ryguy

DRIFTS

Nice...I gotta get out there!
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave