News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Camera Stores/Shops?

Started by Dee-Vo, July 09, 2018, 08:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Besides Best Buy and other such chain stores, is there any camera shops a man can walk into and actually look at cameras? I'm considering upping the camera game but would like to check the cameras out in person rather than ordering blindly online.

Also, suggestions for cameras are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

flyfishn

Adorama or B&H Camera  the only place I buy my camera equiptment

flyfishn

Woolly Bugger

Mail order and the internet killed the professional camera store decades ago. I think that Ritz Camera was the last to have mall stores.

Best Buy only carries amateur / prosumer models.

What are you looking for? Full sized DSLR? Mirrorless 4/3 with interchangeable lenses? Waterproof point and shoot?

I good place to get info is http://dpreview.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

I'm not positive yet. I don't even know that much about this shit; I do know that a better camera will help with better photography.

Last night I messed around with a friend's Nikon D7500. That was a nice setup. I basically always shoot outdoor stuff, so I don't know if there's better options or.....

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dee-Vo on July 09, 2018, 12:26:47 PM
I'm not positive yet. I don't even know that much about this shit; I do know that a better camera will help with better photography.

Last night I messed around with a friend's Nikon D7500. That was a nice setup. I basically always shoot outdoor stuff, so I don't know if there's better options or.....

Explore Dpreviews "what camera should I buy"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

itieuglyflies

Interesting take on Ritz. Recently, I decided to purchase the Olympus TG-5. I checked E-bay and Ritz had the lowest price so I ordered it. Next day I get email from Ritz saying the camera was no longer available?? And they refunded my money. I then reordered from another shop. Now to learn how use it beyond automatic mode!

Stone-Man

A while back Ricoh merged or bought Pentax. Their WG series is pretty damn good. I have had 4-5 Pentax cameras and liked them all. It is waterproof and damage proof

JT

rbphoto

If you want compact, waterproof and durable, get the Olympus TG-X (whichever model is current).

If you want compact, and performance, look at the Sony Alpha series.  The A7 series is amazing. You can mount Nikon or Canon lenses to it if you already have them.

dpreview.com has great info

If you find a local camera store, support them.  And let me know where they are located.

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Dee-Vo

The TG-4 is what I've been using for 3 years or so now. Awesome camera and tough for sure.

I looked at that Sony A7 earlier today. Pretty nice.