Don’t bring a tomahawk to a gun fight

Started by Pansyman, June 16, 2018, 20:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Yallerhammer

Damn!

I usually carry both, just in case.  And a machete. ;D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

I love that highway. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Al

Quote from: pansyman on June 16, 2018, 20:44:23 PM
Weird story. I know this guy. Have even cut grass for him.
H effed the eff up
http://www.chattanoogan.com/2018/6/16/370478/Radio-Host-Jeff-Styles-Arrested-In-Road.aspx

Damn - Old Jeff is lucky he didn't get blacked out entirely.  Stories like this make me think I need to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights more.

If anyone sees the follow up on this story I would like to hear it. Be interesting how the fellow who was set upon is handled by our legal system.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

We, the U.S., are 2nd to the Republic of San Marino in number of vehicles.  We're first in number of guns.  I can't even find San Marino on the guns/country list.  We have too many vehicles and guns.  So I blame vehicles and guns. 

I have no idea how many tomahawks and hatchets we Americans own!  A departure from the road rage rebel ignominy emerges the question: is a tomahawk the same as a hatchet?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Al

As usual you talk in riddles Muddy b'; - however if you decide to start carrying a tomahawk or a hatchet and breaking out folks car windows let us know how that turns out for you.

Pansyman

Quote from: Al on June 17, 2018, 16:35:18 PM
H effed the eff up
http://www.chattanoogan.com/2018/6/16/370478/Radio-Host-Jeff-Styles-Arrested-In-Road.aspx

Damn - Old Jeff is lucky he didn't get blacked out entirely.  Stories like this make me think I need to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights more.

If anyone sees the follow up on this story I would like to hear it. Be interesting how the fellow who was set upon is handled by our legal system.

Follow up article here. There's always two sides to a story

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2018/6/17/370521/Attorney-Davis-Says-Other-Driver-In.aspx
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Al

Quote from: pansyman on June 17, 2018, 21:58:13 PM
Quote from: Al on June 17, 2018, 16:35:18 PM
H effed the eff up

Follow up article here. There's always two sides to a story

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2018/6/17/370521/Attorney-Davis-Says-Other-Driver-In.aspx

Hmmmm, so there are two stories. However, seems like Jeff would have remembered some of that when he first talked with police.  Based on what I read so far i'm not buying Jeff's side. Jeff was incredibly brave to jump out of his car with only a hatchet or tomahawk  to confront a man who he knew had a gun.

Grannyknot

Can all the aggressive road rage drivers out there just shoot each other already?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Big J

So he knew the guy had a gun when he charged his car with a tomahawk?  How did he think that was going to end?

I think Mudwall missed an important observation.  The thought process of people with the desire to be on radio isn't always crystal clear. 

P.S. I'm waiting on the Mountain Lion program. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"aggressive road rage drivers" – straight from Granny's Department of Redundancy Department.

Al, maybe it ain't the vehicles or the guns.  It could be we have too many roads!  Or we have too many drivers which means we have too many people!  That's it!  We're simply overcrowded and are yearning for space. 

Al

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 18, 2018, 11:03:14 AM
Al, maybe it ain't the vehicles or the guns.  It could be we have too many roads!  Or we have too many drivers which means we have too many people!  That's it!  We're simply overcrowded and are yearning for space.

Now you have hit on something - We are overcrowded. "Back in the day" population control took care of itself with outbreaks of disease or major wars. We  needed big families just to beat the odds of dying out.

Big families were also needed to work in labor intensive industry.  Today we are living too long (I just turned 79) and have to much idle time on our hands. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Al on June 18, 2018, 14:27:45 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 18, 2018, 11:03:14 AM

Now you have hit on something - We are overcrowded. "Back in the day" population control took care of itself with outbreaks of disease or major wars. We  needed big families just to beat the odds of dying out.

Big families were also needed to work in labor intensive industry.  Today we are living too long (I just turned 79) and have to much idle time [and rage] on our hands.

Yup Al, we agree on the living too long.  I had an old fishing pal, a neurosurgeon, tell me that those damned cardiologists were to blame, particularly when it came to saving our (males) asses.  They are replacing valves, putting in stents, etc. prolonging our existence, THEN what do we have to look forward to ----- dementia, Alzheimer's, pissing or worse in our denims, applesauce diet, and senilities yet defined.

Yallerhammer

You put a hundred cotton rats in a 50-acre field, and they get along fine. Put the same  rats in a 20 square foot box, and they will kill each other in a couple days. there are too many people, We need some kind of apocalyptic event.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on June 18, 2018, 17:31:04 PM
You put a hundred cotton rats in a 50-acre field, and they get along fine. Put the same  rats in a 20 square foot box, and they will kill each other in a couple days. there are too many people, We need some kind of apocalyptic event.

Yes, a good pandemic or global disaster would temporarily remedy the condition.  Then, my guess is we'd overpopulate again.  As I've said multiple times before, until we empower all women and give them control over their reproductive potential, our little blue dot will periodically face population-resource maladies.  Plus, the canons of a few of our religions will need to change.  Our worldwide population problem is not a distribution issue and condoms are not the trappings of a fairy-tale devil.