News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Drought is over.

Started by driver, May 31, 2018, 20:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

I was supposed to camp with buddies in the mountains the weekend of the 19th and 20th. We had cancelled by Wednesday. I watched the weather and gauges like a hawk the next week, and had Sunday available. Any big water was out of the question. So I planned to fish something with some gradient.

The drought I am referring to is not rain, but the fact that I haven't fished the NC mountains in over a year. Not because I haven't wanted to, but drastic life changes can put a hurting on fishing and with what little amount of days I have had to fish, I've been chasing big salty fish.

Needless to say picking a stream that was fishable was Russian Roulette. But my first choice wasn't too bad so I got busy.

Slow to start, But picked up the higher I got.

First set of falls

Second falls

Third falls

Fourth falls

Did i mention there are no trails, and getting around these falls is real sketch.

My goal for this day was to get to a confluence and hopefully find some brookies in the feeder creek.

Didn't find and brookies, but found my best brown of the day.

After wading up the feeder creek and catching a few small browns I decided my legs could take no more. And I should hike the 2 miles back down the creek. Did I mention there is NO TRAIL. fml

Finally I made it to the road that brings you to the creek, and celebrated with a cold one. Yes, it was cold. I packed a small soft 6 pack cooler in my pack  0:0

It feel great to spend the day on a remote creek, with no other soul in site. A day much needed, except for being sore as hell the next day.

Dougfish

Serious high fives.   0:0
I need to get out and punish myself. b';
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Michael Toris

Pics not showing up. Need better urls

DRIFTS

Having tough time viewing as well...sure its good though!  0:0
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

driver

Phil

Fixed. Excellent browns!  'c;

Beetle

itieuglyflies

A fine way to break a drought......

Yallerhammer

Excellent!  V:; Nice water, and a hell of a pretty brown there. It's a chore just finding a fishable creek here now.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

joe friday

Damn good fishing. Thanks for the report.

Respect. 0:0

Big J

Dang, Driver hitting the small stream hard  d:b

BrookieHunter

Hell yea!! Nice browns too.

NCsporksman

Trout wiener, post up some salty shit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rhody

Got out on some of those "No Trails" streams yesterday and feeling it today!!
Good to get out after the rains!
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Jfey

I'm on a pretty long drought myself.   Need to fix that soon.   Thanks for the motivation 0:0
Yup, going fishing