News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Slumday

Started by Onslow, May 27, 2018, 18:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Circumstances have not allowed me to get out doors much this year thus far.  To add insult to injury, the weather has obviously been uncooperative and dreadful.

After hearing an exquisite rendition of How Great Thou Art at church, my mind was at peace, and felt inclined to hit the water briefly. Today, I had a total of 3.5 hours to squander which included driving.  I went to the trashiest, closest, and very rough creek.  Thrash and trash is the motif for today.

Crap, I found it!

I hate this part of the trip.  Steep, slippery, and no see feet.

The best brookie stream on earth.  At some point, I'm going to assemble a collection of all the white trash beverage bottles and cans found in this creek.

This stream has a very smallish drainage, .3-.5 sq. mile watershed.  Gradient runs around 1000' per mile.  The upper reaches parallels a major highway and was affected by the construction years ago.  Blasted rock litters the creek bed potentially enhancing injury of the tibia and fibula if a misstep is made.

About 10 brookies were caught in an hour and a half, and about as many were lost.  None were of any size.  In years past, this creek has produced many over  9", and one pushing 11"

Time for some quality control in the garden. ......the rain grows weeds, but the veggies and berries are all busting a gut.

Dougfish

Good on ya, Ken. Solid Brookies.
Good cabbage, too.

Green weenie. Heh, heh.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Trash notwithstanding, that's a beautiful little creek, and some fine looking specks. Props for the weenie.  -0- Good looking garden, too, but I see busted cabbage heads in your future if it rains down there like it has been and continues to here. They're saying 4-8 more inches this week.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

BrookieHunter

Looks like the brook trout don't mind the questionable beverage choices in those parts.

NCsporksman

Green weenie ftw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dee-Vo

I think I recognize that weenie. Looks like it worked.  :P