• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
March 24, 2019, 20:33:04 pm

News:

Hatchery Supported Trout Waters Closed to Fishing March 1- April 6

+- +-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

+-Stats ezBlock

Members
Total Members: 2305
Latest: gpierce18
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 144311
Total Topics: 13914
Most Online Today: 590
Most Online Ever: 832
(March 08, 2019, 14:41:24 pm)
Users Online
Members: 25
Guests: 494
Total: 519

Carp unlimited

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 26, 2018, 09:29:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ryguy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

BRFFF

BRFFF

Fin

Quote from: BRFFF on October 07, 2018, 14:05:59 pm

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

dhjunkie

Woolly Bugger

note from the pond.

So I was over there the other morning and a whole crew was working on replacing an AC coil in the basement of the museum, probable 8 or 9 guys total, when they saw me they asked if there were fish in the pond. They got to work and I went looking for fish. I had a few chances but they ignored my offerings. I left after about an hour but came back for my afternoon ritual. The AC crew was finishing up and there was a local rigging up his bait and bobber at one end while I chased after a few deep tailers. Then the mom and her son showed up, this kid looks to be 5 years old, and they have recently switched to using corn for bait. I look over to the far end of the pond and I see that the work crew is gathered at the edge of the water and one of the guys has attached a line to a long tree branch while another is turning over rocks looking for worms. My time is up and I have to leave so as I'm walking by I stop and talk to everybody. The mom says her son loves fishing and catching and the little boy has to tell me all about the little bluegill he has caught. I ask if he is unhooking them, and mom pipes up that she's trying to teach him but right now they are grabbing the fish with an old t-shirt. I explain to her how to grab and hold them without getting stuck by the anal and dorsal fin spines. Then I talk to the crew and they said they were waiting of the bossman to sign off on there work and if they had known there were fish in the pond they would have brought their rods....

till next time....

ex - "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"

me - "There's a season?"

BRFFF

BRFFF

BRFFF

October 24, 2018, 12:37:15 pm #142 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:38:53 pm by BRFFF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itieuglyflies

" a pod of cavorting carps" ......sounds like Woolly is spending way too much time at the ole pond.

Like the photo.

Phil

BRFFF

November 08, 2018, 15:01:44 pm #145 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 15:22:59 pm by BRFFF

Kissing carp? Today I made two circles around the pond, on the far side I saw a group of 6 to 8 in a circle with their mouths almost touching as the glooped on the surface. I cast hoping to drop the fly into one of the open mouths. But as soon as the fly hit the water they exploded off in every direction. Later one jumped and I saw it cruising away and made a cast but it was ignored.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? " <br />-Oddball, 1970

BRFFF

Well carp season on he pond might be officially over. The long shadows and low sun make it very difficult to see the fish and today by the time I spied a cruiser and got ready to cast the fish had moved into the darkness of the shadows a desperate cast was fired off but was intercepted by a carp blockerGuests can't see images. Please login or login

jwgnc

November 11, 2018, 17:39:28 pm #148 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 18:00:04 pm by jwgnc

Carp in a pin-striped suit

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

streamereater_101691

dang boss, personal vendetta to catch every carp in that pond?  a trout rod is going to be quite a change based on your latest adventures

+-Recent Topics

Smith-Continued by Dougfish
Today at 18:49:16

Trout W/Ramps by Onslow
Today at 18:38:57

Carp unlimited by Woolly Bugger
Today at 12:47:20

Annual BRFFF Fly SWAP! Tiers Choice - Due on the Ides of March! by itieuglyflies
Today at 12:30:52

New Yadkin River Park - Davidson County set to open in June by Woolly Bugger
Today at 11:39:43

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial by Woolly Bugger
Today at 11:08:26

Gallery by 22midge
March 23, 2019, 12:36:03 pm

Unlimited bug ID by Yallerhammer
March 23, 2019, 07:11:53 am

Music for the old by itieuglyflies
March 22, 2019, 18:33:44 pm

Phil and Johnny Lightning by Stone-Man