News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Turkey Morning

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, April 28, 2018, 08:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Called this double-bearded mountain bird in for my son this morning.  The 20 gauge at 35 yards did OK.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Stone-Man

Good stuff right there .  You gonna smoke him  ?????

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 28, 2018, 08:28:26 AM
Called this double-bearded mountain bird in for my son this morning.  The 20 gauge at 35 yards did OK.

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

ryguy

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pansyman

biggurn daggum rite 0:0
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Big J

Nice bird you got there  V:;

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Stone-Man on April 28, 2018, 09:55:06 AM
You gonna smoke him  ?????

I don't have a smoker, so half breast baked, a half 'chicken' fried, and the legs for turkey salad. 

This bird put on a show according to my son.  I was hiding in a hole of a fallen tree – could hear but could not see.  The gobbler strutted, fanned, spit, and drummed all around the decoy. 

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

JMiller

Good lookin' bird there.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

22midge

yelp yelp yelp......that's a good looking bird
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I called this disheveled male in for the son yesterday morning.  It was the last day of the spring season and this poor bastard looked the part – beat up fan, thin frame, etc.  I suppose this is where screwing and fighting will get you.

I have to admit that spring gobbler hunting has quickly become my favorite.  I can smoke my pipe, rustle the leaves taking a wilderness dump, listen to the spring birds, and talk softly and whistle quietly to myself  -- all in the greening woods and not freeze my ass off. 

Big J

Very nice.  That'll eat good. Now that turkey season is over, I expect you to be cruising Lake Moomaw in your bass boat.

NCsporksman

You the man muddy I bit the bullet and tried for a Virginia bird but didn't hear a damn thing.....I did get one last week and now I'm messing around with a wingbone call. Definitely will be doing this with every bird from now on

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JMiller

Nice work men.
Can't believe it's already over.
One of the toughest years I can remember.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski