Main Menu

‘Bows, Blooms, and Brookies (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, April 10, 2018, 16:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

~Trout Department~

~Bloomer Department~

Yallerhammer

Good stuff! Good to see people starting to get out there. I'm ready for this cold shit to go away.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

Shit, yeah!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on April 11, 2018, 07:43:54 AM
Shit, yeah!

This was in your backyard, Doug.

Strangest thing took place on my trek back out. In a straight stretch, a thin figure of a person caught my attention. I could never establish a sex, thin and sort of gothy lookin'. The person looked my way from maybe 100 yards out and made a very abrupt turn to go the opposite way of myself as soon as they spotted me. Now this person is going the same direction as me.

As I sort of speed up a little to keep within seeing distance the person speeds up, too. They get up on top of a knoll in the trail, make a quick backward glance toward me and dash down in the woods toward the creek. I'm like, wtf. So, I mentally mark a tree where they left the trail so I'd know where they were when I reached this point in the trail. Finally, I get there and stop and look down the embankment toward the creek's edge. Nothing -- the person is hiding in a bunch of laurel. I'm again like, wtf.

I act as if I'm going to hike on out and walk maybe 10 steps, then pivot around really quick and catch the person moving around. A white t-shirt isn't hard to spot. Now, they jump behind a large tree like in a cartoon and barely peek around it to try and see me. I stand there like Michael Myers and just give them the hard stare. They can't figure out what to do so they begin to fidget nervously, looking at me from either side of this tree.

After a couple minutes, I relent, and i head to the truck. Never seen the person again. So odd.

I kept wondering if it was someone keeping lookout for others at the parking area that may be tampering with vehicles or theiving. Nothing of mine was amiss. Who knows.

Effin' watcher in the woods.

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dee-Vo

Dougfish

Lots of you weirdos about.  :laugh:

BTW, stay off my stream!  V:;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on April 11, 2018, 16:56:17 PM
Lots of you weirdos about.  :laugh:

BTW, stay off my stream!  V:;

Don't worry yourself. I have too many prospects on my plate to be visiting the same waters repeatedly. However, that's a great little creek and it was a spur of the moment thing.

Phil

Very nice fish, pics, and report.  'c;
BTW -- where exactly is that stream?  :laugh:

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Phil on April 13, 2018, 07:58:25 AM
Very nice fish, pics, and report.  'c;
BTW -- where exactly is that stream?  :laugh:

You'll have to get the special password from Dougy as this is his creek. [emoji3]

Dougfish

Huuuge secret. Lol.

Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Fishbug

Quote from: Dougfish on April 13, 2018, 13:57:00 PM
Huuuge secret. Lol.

Brook trout in Roanoke?!—-lies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dee-Vo

I need help with ID on the flowers in order.

1. Virginia Bluebell
2. Leaf of a hepatica? Unsure.
3. Periwinkle
4. Unsure.
5. Unsure.
6. Carolina Spring Beauty
7. Unsure.
8. Bloodroot.

Help, please.