• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
October 20, 2021, 15:29:41 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Turkey Morning

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, April 28, 2018, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Called this double-bearded mountain bird in for my son this morning.  The 20 gauge at 35 yards did OK.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Stone-Man

Good stuff right there .  You gonna smoke him  ?????

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 28, 2018, 09:28:26 AM

Called this double-bearded mountain bird in for my son this morning.  The 20 gauge at 35 yards did OK.

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

ryguy

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pansyman

biggurn daggum rite 0:0

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Big J

Nice bird you got there  V:;

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Stone-Man on April 28, 2018, 10:55:06 AM

You gonna smoke him  ?????

I don't have a smoker, so half breast baked, a half 'chicken' fried, and the legs for turkey salad.

This bird put on a show according to my son.  I was hiding in a hole of a fallen tree – could hear but could not see.  The gobbler strutted, fanned, spit, and drummed all around the decoy.

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me.<br /><br />Little Debbie Prostaff

JMiller

Good lookin' bird there.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

22midge

yelp yelp yelp......that's a good looking bird

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I called this disheveled male in for the son yesterday morning.  It was the last day of the spring season and this poor bastard looked the part – beat up fan, thin frame, etc.  I suppose this is where screwing and fighting will get you.

I have to admit that spring gobbler hunting has quickly become my favorite.  I can smoke my pipe, rustle the leaves taking a wilderness dump, listen to the spring birds, and talk softly and whistle quietly to myself  -- all in the greening woods and not freeze my ass off.

Big J

Very nice.  That'll eat good. Now that turkey season is over, I expect you to be cruising Lake Moomaw in your bass boat.

NCsporksman

You the man muddy I bit the bullet and tried for a Virginia bird but didn't hear a damn thing.....I did get one last week and now I'm messing around with a wingbone call. Definitely will be doing this with every bird from now onGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JMiller

Nice work men.
Can't believe it's already over.
One of the toughest years I can remember.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

#CommissionsEarned