As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

24 March Normality 2018

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 27, 2018, 16:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

streamereater_101691

Quote from: Big J on March 29, 2018, 14:14:32 PM
Quote from: streamereater_101691 on March 29, 2018, 10:10:14 AM

As for the assault rifle, there little difference between an ar-15 and a semi-auto bush rifle like an m1a. They both shoot the same rounds, but one looks like a killing machine.

M1a shoots .308, AR-15 shoots 5.56/.223 
jus sayin

Now they are rolling out the M1A's in 6.5 Creedmoor.  I've been eyeballing those hard.

Springfield armory chambered the m1a in 5.56 for a short time period until demand droped. They are out there, just like many companies like ruger are hoping their ar's up to 7.62(.308) for longer distance shooting.

And yes, m1a in 6.5 creedmore would be sweet.

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 29, 2018, 09:44:35 AM
Quote from: Big J on March 29, 2018, 06:43:35 AM
A lot going on in this thread in a few post. Hiner, you see any counter protesters there?

As for Ken's post, I'm not sure I get his point. "........people purposely behaving weirdly claiming being diverse".  Ken seems to still have that clairvoyant power that I was sure was reserved for gods and prophets.  I'm not sure this pasts Saturday DC crowd believed they were diverse.  I felt it was a diverse mass of humanity and very normal to me, and I did not sense the "behaving weirdly", but I do not possess the divine psychic powers of Ken. 

You also do not possess the fantastic olfactory receptor capability of your beagles.  Try harder

Please described what you were thinking when selecting scenes to photograph.  Multiple choice

a. I had no idea why I was in DC metro area.  I just stumbled in like an addled drunk, and haplessly started shooting random crap.

b. I have an affinity for some of the ding dongs captured in my pics

c.  I care more a poking turds in toilets with a stick than gun concerns.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on March 29, 2018, 20:29:15 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 29, 2018, 09:44:35 AM
Quote from: Big J on March 29, 2018, 06:43:35 AM
A lot going on in this thread in a few post. Hiner, you see any counter protesters there?

As for Ken's post, I'm not sure I get his point. "........people purposely behaving weirdly claiming being diverse".  Ken seems to still have that clairvoyant power that I was sure was reserved for gods and prophets.  I'm not sure this pasts Saturday DC crowd believed they were diverse.  I felt it was a diverse mass of humanity and very normal to me, and I did not sense the "behaving weirdly", but I do not possess the divine psychic powers of Ken. 

You also do not possess the fantastic olfactory receptor capability of your beagles.  Try harder

Please described what you were thinking when selecting scenes to photograph.  Multiple choice

a. I had no idea why I was in DC metro area.  I just stumbled in like an addled drunk, and haplessly started shooting random crap.

b. I have an affinity for some of the ding dongs captured in my pics

c.  I care more a poking turds in toilets with a stick than gun concerns.

I choose d. 

d. "If you can't say something nice, say it in French." So, fuk vous, vous ne pouvez pas gérer la vérité.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Hiner, the scene you described to Jacob, and what you captured in pics are two very different scenes.  My response was triggered by the latter.  Don't claim that I can't handle reality if you misrepresent it.  You have a well established pattern of predictable behavior wherein you enjoy pissing people off.  I'm not sure how identifying painfully obvious patterns has anything to do with clairvoyance.

Speaking of pissing people off,

Hey Yaller, I liken the leadership of the NRA to a group of child molesters, not terrorists ;D

Yallerhammer

Don't piss me off, just gives me the sadz. That people are so easily manipulated, and that an organization is even needed to protect the most important of our Constitutional and human rights from those who want total government control of the population. Freedom is scary to sheep. And there is no normality in a situation in which people are protesting to remove their own freedom.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Onslow

The power of the pen and propaganda will always prevail over pea shooters.  Assault weapons off no meaningful protection against government tyranny, and never will.  The most effective WMD is the spoken word. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on March 31, 2018, 17:11:01 PM
Assault weapons off no meaningful protection against government tyranny, and never will.   

Ken and I agree on something.  I'd go a step further and proclaim no weapon offers meaningful protection against government tyranny.   If a "militia" feels they can take on the U.S. military to protect your 2nd Amendment rights or any other rights then they are mad, bat-shit crazy. 

I own many firearms, and I've said before, I even have a carry permit.  I carry a revolver when I'm in the woods or on some waters because I am a chicken-shit when it comes to bears and coyotes.  Most everyone I know personally owns a firearm.  Some are concerned with personal/family safety, which I can see.  The majority of them hunt; others own guns for shooting sports.  Some profess they need the firepower against the authoritative government.  What most, if not all, have in common is they have a hard-on for guns.  My chubby for any of my guns is damned fleeting.  Surely there are other gun owners out there that feel as I do.

I'm not sure me carrying a .357 makes me safer against coyotes and bears.  Perhaps I could shoot myself in the head before the pain of an animal attack overwhelmed.  When the U.S. with ~5% of the world's population has ~50% of the world's privately owned guns and has ~1/3 of mass killings, it makes no sense to me to say that guns make us safer. 

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 31, 2018, 05:32:52 AM
That people are so easily manipulated, and that an organization is even needed to protect the most important of our Constitutional and human rights .............

I question if it is "the most important".  Plus follow the money and listen to the stupid comments by the likes of Ted Nugent to see who's being manipulated.  Look at the left and right for manipulation. 

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

You all don't know many people in the US military if you think the majority of them would turn their weapons on their own countrymen.

Phil

Not the majority, Big J. It has happened, however. One example that popped into mind...

"The Kent State shootings (also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre)[3][4][5] were the shootings on May 4, 1970 of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio during a mass protest against the bombing of Cambodia by United States military forces. Twenty-eight guardsmen fired approximately 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[6][7]" from Wikipedia

Big J

Quote from: Phil on April 02, 2018, 07:34:29 AM
Not the majority, Big J. It has happened, however. One example that popped into mind...

"The Kent State shootings (also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre)[3][4][5] were the shootings on May 4, 1970 of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio during a mass protest against the bombing of Cambodia by United States military forces. Twenty-eight guardsmen fired approximately 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[6][7]" from Wikipedia

Do we still count Ohio as part of the United States? Just continuing to prove Ohio is the worst.