News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

24 March Normality 2018

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 27, 2018, 16:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I went, I took mental notes, I was moved! 

No violence, little vulgarity, little trash, diverse crowd, and beautiful weather. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

'c;  'c;  'c;

You can't answer an email, but the Model T truck got you to the district. Progress.
Keep whittlin'.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Cars kill 102.6 people a day in the US, and a substantial portion of them are school-aged children and teenagers. Maybe we need to protest.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 28, 2018, 08:30:31 AM
Cars kill 102.6 people a day in the US, and a substantial portion of them are school-aged children and teenagers. Maybe we need to protest.

I believe we have protested and griped about vehicle deaths, or at least those older and before us did.  As a result we have:

the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a plethora of rules and regulations for drivers, vehicle manufacturers, and road builders,  registrations out the yin-yang, etc.

I wonder what the death toll from traffic accidents would be if we did not have those protocols and procedures? 

Yallerhammer

When I see you villify the cars themselves instead of bad drivers, and decry the AAA as a terrorist organization that is complicit in death and mayhem on the highways, I'll believe that you are actually concerned about lives instead of political agendas.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Onslow

Assault rifles serve no purpose but to kill people in the most indiscriminate way.  They have no place in civil society.

Regarding normality, people purposely behaving weirdly claiming being "diverse" or different are clueless beyond words, and ingrates who make a mockery of genuine normality. 

I know a person who was born with ASD.  As a little lad he lived in his only little world, and started stimming 2-3 hours a day,  had a hard time relating to others, and had debilitating social anxiety.  This young man was raised in a doomsday cult, and was isolated from much of civil society, and teen years were spent in a mostly black community for the purpose of being controlled and isolated.  He entered adult life totally lost, and completely bewildered with a 10th grade education, and plagued with irregular development.....social immaturity, and behind, but rather shrewd with money.  He ended up having a son who was appeared to be a bit off at three months old. 4 years later the son was still non verbal.  Shortly thereafter, a guest on Diane Rehm interviewed a gentleman with what was then referred to as Aspergers Syndrome.  The dots were connected.  The pain, depression, persistent suicidal thoughts, constant purposeless running, social isolation were associated with horrible disorder. After contemplating his situation, war was declared on this miserable disorder.  Genuine normality was embraced...ASD be damned.  Hopefully the son will achieve the same results.. His path will be a bit more challenging, but he won't be doing it alone.  This person is I.

There is no future in that kind of "diversity".  Advertising one's abnormality expressed in the pic Hiner posted accomplishes nothing.  Gays against guns...I just don't get it.  But don't mind me, I'm retarded.

Tip:  If one holds a policy position that you feel passionate about, focus on the position and stay on the narrow path, and not infantile incendiary foolishness that makes the whole look idiotic.

NCsporksman

Quote from: Onslow on March 28, 2018, 19:18:03 PM
Assault rifles serve no purpose but to kill people in the most indiscriminate way.  They have no place in civil society.

Regarding normality, people purposely behaving weirdly claiming being "diverse" or different are clueless beyond words, and ingrates who make a mockery of genuine normality. 

I know a person who was born with ASD.  As a little lad he lived in his only little world, and started stimming 2-3 hours a day,  had a hard time relating to others, and had debilitating social anxiety.  This young man was raised in a doomsday cult, and was isolated from much of civil society, and teen years were spent in a mostly black community for the purpose of being controlled and isolated.  He entered adult life totally lost, and completely bewildered with a 10th grade education, and plagued with irregular development.....social immaturity, and behind, but rather shrewd with money.  He ended up having a son who was appeared to be a bit off at three months old. 4 years later the son was still non verbal.  Shortly thereafter, a guest on Diane Rehm interviewed a gentleman with what was then referred to as Aspergers Syndrome.  The dots were connected.  The pain, depression, persistent suicidal thoughts, constant purposeless running, social isolation were associated with horrible disorder. After contemplating his situation, war was declared on this miserable disorder.  Genuine normality was embraced...ASD be damned.  Hopefully the son will achieve the same results.. His path will be a bit more challenging, but he won't be doing it alone.  This person is I.

There is no future in that kind of "diversity".  Advertising one's abnormality expressed in the pic Hiner posted accomplishes nothing.  Gays against guns...I just don't get it.  But don't mind me, I'm retarded.

Tip:  If one holds a policy position that you feel passionate about, focus on the position and stay on the narrow path, and not infantile incendiary foolishness that makes the whole look idiotic.

non-fishing post of the year, you're the damn man Ken  'c;

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 28, 2018, 17:02:30 PM
When I see you villify the cars themselves instead of bad drivers, and decry the AAA as a terrorist organization that is complicit in death and mayhem on the highways, I'll believe that you are actually concerned about lives instead of political agendas.

You're the one that broached the bullshit "cars kill" "maybe we need to protest" counter point. 

I was not there to vilify (1 l only please) anything or anyone.  I attended to learn, absorb, and observe with my own eyes – an attempt to procure some sort of understanding of what makes these youth and their organizers tick, take their pulse at a brief point in time, hoping to discover a positive.

Sorry for not being more transparent.  Also, I trust you've again incorrectly assumed that I give a fuck on what you do or do not think warrants my genuine concerns nor do I give a fuck on what you believe. 

Big J

A lot going on in this thread in a few post. Hiner, you see any counter protesters there?

Michael Toris

Quote from: Onslow on March 28, 2018, 19:18:03 PM

Welp, thanks for playing everyone. Ken has won the internet for the day.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on March 29, 2018, 06:43:35 AM
A lot going on in this thread in a few post. Hiner, you see any counter protesters there?

I saw no counter protesters where I hung out – mostly high school youth, many teachers, a lot of families, and more vets than I expected.

As for Ken's post, I'm not sure I get his point. "........people purposely behaving weirdly claiming being diverse".  Ken seems to still have that clairvoyant power that I was sure was reserved for gods and prophets.  I'm not sure this pasts Saturday DC crowd believed they were diverse.  I felt it was a diverse mass of humanity and very normal to me, and I did not sense the "behaving weirdly", but I do not possess the divine psychic powers of Ken. 

I spoke with more folks than I can count – in length with an old guy from Boston, a gal working with Voices of America, an Afghanistan vet, a group of teachers from NC, and many high school students, etc.  I purchased shot glasses and a kraut dog from street vendors.  I saw no violent behavior or weirdness.   The only oddness I experienced was a blow out and a case of flaming anus from the street dog on I81 south on the return trip.  I wish Far-sighted Ken had warned me; he has my cell #.   

streamereater_101691

Damn Ken, right in the chest. Much respect.

As for the assault rifle, there little difference between an ar-15 and a semi-auto bush rifle like an m1a. They both shoot the same rounds, but one looks like a killing machine.

This world is full of wicked people with ambitions to hurt others. Our society in particular has desensitized death and violence with media much more in recent times. They will find a way at whatever costs.

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Big J

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on March 29, 2018, 10:10:14 AM

As for the assault rifle, there little difference between an ar-15 and a semi-auto bush rifle like an m1a. They both shoot the same rounds, but one looks like a killing machine.

M1a shoots .308, AR-15 shoots 5.56/.223 
jus sayin

Now they are rolling out the M1A's in 6.5 Creedmoor.  I've been eyeballing those hard.