News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Olympus Questions

Started by Yallerhammer, February 15, 2018, 09:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yallerhammer

No, not Zeus, Hera, Dionysus, and the rest of that bunch of inbred riffraff-talking about the camera.  ;D

My old Canon S21S, faithful companion of many years, finally drowned on the headwaters of Cataloochee late last summer. After several months of being cameraless, I figured it was time for another one. I know several of y'all have the Olympus T-series cameras and like them. So, I found a good deal on a TG-5 and pulled the trigger.

Since I'm also lazy by nature, I figured I'd pick y'alls brains and save some hours of learning curve. I'm pretty impressed with some of y'alls pics that you get with those cameras. What modes and settings do you find the most useful, what isn't useful, and how long does the battery usually last on a charge?
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

1. use the custom mode
2. use the lowest iso possible 100 is the best quality, higher isos add noise to the image.
3. i set the exposure to -1/3 stop so the highlights don't get blown out.
4. If light is poor switch to Program mode and let the camera help you out with auto iso

Read this...

https://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,7220.msg47523.html#msg47523
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!