News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

So, who's gonna...

Started by Yallerhammer, October 26, 2017, 17:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yallerhammer

take my sorry ass fishing if I come up to VA next spring to catch some of those unnaturally big speckled trouts? Never fished in VA.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Big J

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Yallerhammer on October 26, 2017, 17:59:29 PM
take my sorry ass fishing if I come up to VA next spring to catch some of those unnaturally big speckled trouts? Never fished in VA.

I'll likely be in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks. Some camping may take place as well as fishing.

Onslow

Depends on how far you want to drive, and your definition of unnaturally large.  If you wanna push past 12, you'll need to fish with Doug.  11 inchers can be had near the NC/VA border.

BTW, my wife is going on a field trip to NYC next April.  I'm inclined to take a few weekdays off while she's gone.  You're welcome to crash at my place, perhaps breaking up the drive as you progress further north towards Dough's sweet spot. 

Dee-Vo

Yaller - There are some excellent streams in your area with large brookies. I feel like you have to be aware of these. I'll be fishing some of them gradually over time.

Onslow

Hey Yaller, I bet there are some nice brookies in Shades of Death creek in WV, lol.  Dammit I gotta fish this one!

Dougfish

Stay tuned...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on October 26, 2017, 18:37:34 PM
Yaller - There are some excellent streams in your area with large brookies. I feel like you have to be aware of these. I'll be fishing some of them gradually over time.

Yep, just looking for something different.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on October 26, 2017, 18:18:26 PM

I'll likely be in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks. Some camping may take place as well as fishing.

Where you headed? Might meet up with you somewhere if I can.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Yallerhammer on October 27, 2017, 13:33:18 PM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on October 26, 2017, 18:18:26 PM

Where you headed? Might meet up with you somewhere if I can.

Not positive at this point. Weather will play a large role in where we go, and if we camp, and for how long. I'll shoot you a message a day or two prior.