News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fly Line to Leader Connections

Started by arnold, October 10, 2017, 19:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnold

This post has been removed due to a new poster attempting to post prior to posting an intro. This poster will regain his posting rights once this simple task has been completed.

Administration

Michael Toris

Post an intro or this thread will be removed. You have 24 hrs.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dougfish

You lost me at Arnold.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: DAYUMson on October 10, 2017, 20:23:21 PM

Where does it say you must produce an intro before you make your first topic post?  Is this a legit rule or a yearning from some administrator whom likely got the shit beat out of him when he was young, and now that he has a bit of non-noteworthy power has become even more of a prick?

Plus, I ain't sure the new guy was given 24 hours as the dickhead admin promised.  What the fuck is wrong with you people?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

benben reincarnated

get a job hippie

Al

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 11, 2017, 05:39:01 AM

Where does it say you imust produce an intro before you make your first topic post?  Is this a legit rule or a yearning from some administrator whom likely got the shit beat out of him when he was young, and now that he has a bit of non-noteworthy power has become even more of a prick?

Plus, I ain't sure the new guy was given 24 hours as the dickhead admin promised.  What the fuck is wrong with you people?

You may be right Muddy but common decorum / common sense dictates you don't go trying to sell something on your first post which is exactly what Arnold did.

At the very least he should have said something like this --- "Hey guys, I'm Arnold and I run a little online fishing tackle distributorship and I've come across the greatest thing to hit the fly fishing industry since sliced bread. I know  this is my first post but I'm so excited about this I wanted to share with you, etc, etc ................."

Michael Toris

Muddy,

A no-name new poster starts a thread with a link in it. This link could have been directed to anywhere, including sites that host malware. In order to decrease the chances of this occurring, I removed the post. I will replace the text in the post if, and only if, the poster makes a legitimate intro thread which helps his case as a member of the board and not a scammer.

Grannyknot

Quote from: DAYUMson on October 11, 2017, 09:47:26 AM
Muddy,

A no-name new poster starts a thread with a link in it. This link could have been directed to anywhere, including sites that host malware. In order to decrease the chances of this occurring, I removed the post. I will replace the text in the post if, and only if, the poster makes a legitimate intro thread which helps his case as a member of the board and not a scammer.

TYFYS
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

troutfanatic

Phil

Quote from: DAYUMson on October 11, 2017, 09:47:26 AM
Muddy,

Good call, administrator.
I clicked on a link that said "image" underneath a post on another flyfishing board. This was a link underneath a guy's post that I know. I figured it was a fish pic. The link turned out to be a trojan horse that somewhere else had hooked into his post. He has no idea where it came from. Cost me $150 in computer tech fix at home, closing a bank account, and putting freeze on 2 credit cards. Major headache.

troutfanatic

I recall some people posting links to goatse and bbc in some thanksgiving threads a couple years back

Dougfish

Quote from: troutfanatic on October 11, 2017, 10:27:20 AM
I recall some people posting links to goatse and bbc in some thanksgiving threads a couple years back
Clickbait extraordinaire.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

arnold

My name is Arnold (58 years old). 

I have been fly fishing since I was about 10 years old.  I was introduced to the sport by my Father who was the General Manager for the Phillipson Rod company.  I grew up in Colorado and Wyoming where there is lots of water to fish.  I now reside in Sandia Park,  New Mexico just east of Albuquerque.  I recently revived the Leader-Links product that my Father invented in the 1970's.  I sell them on the web.  I am not getting rich, but they are better than just about anything else out there for connecting fly lines to leaders, so I could not let them go extinct. 

I am a Mechanical Engineer and independent inventor (about 10 patents).  I hope to retire some day living within bike riding distance to a reasonably large trout river.     

Onslow

Dougfish

Arnold, want to buy a WRX? No trades.
Doesn't float.

Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,