News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

nothing to see here...

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 04, 2017, 13:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

2017 – 95

After the low country fail, I needed some redemption, and I planned to take the 8 wt out to work on my casting.  I have been cursing myself about the blown cast and what went wrong on that trip. First time on a casting platform listening to a guide call out targets and casting under direction made me realize that i need to up that game.

So I drove up to the local and hit the lower reaches. Left the 8wt in the car and rigged up the newly repaired Sage One 6 wt. with the dregs of the fly box rubber legs and hopped for the best. Bright skies and low clear water and mild temperature in the low 60s made for a nice day to be out and about chasing after trouts.

Worked all the runs and pools from top to bottom and the only thing that turned up was some DSFK, maybe a repair job for Doug...

On the way to the next reach I ran into some honey mushrooms, but they were a bit too old to bother harvesting, shoulda been here last week...

My feet slipped out from under me as my boots slipped skidded on the the newly fallen leaves. It was a bone jarring as my butt hit the ground and I felt jolts in my neck as I laid down to recover. This is the vew I had looking up.

More beavers abound on the river.

And another flush of honeys on the way past a StreamerEater on the upper stretch.

Might be some old oysters here...

There are no fish pictures, cause I didn't catch any. That's two skunks in a row.
I'll be back at it shortly and hopefully break this streak with some fall brown butter or perhaps a bit of salty action..

might need to go to a casting clinic to break 25 years of bad casting habits ....

best part of the day was catching up with a StreamerEater and talking shit at the end of the day....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

I'll take that shitty ol reel off your hands.  ;D
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on December 04, 2017, 13:45:21 PM
I'll take that shitty ol reel off your hands.  ;D

Sending gps coordinates
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Maxinut

I want to walk into this forest. I do not have time to do it.

Dougfish

Quote from: Maxinut on February 08, 2018, 22:04:29 PM
I want to walk into this forest. I do not have time to do it.

WTF? You have time to waste your time here?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Looks like plenty to see there, just not fish. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff