News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Feel Good Movie of the Year

Started by rbphoto, October 05, 2017, 08:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbphoto

I don't watch many movies.

I certainly don't pay $15 to go watch a movie in a theater very often.

Last one I saw was Dunkirk.  One before that was American Sniper (2014).  Before that . . . probably Luther (2003).

The wife wanted to go see Mully.

I knew a minimal amount about it.  As in, some millionaire Kenyan rescues orphans.

Talk about a shock.

Story goes:  Charles Mully (Mulli) was one of the most successful and richest businessmen in Kenya through the 70's - 90's.

He literally sold his businesses and assets, opened his own home and started taking in street orphans from the slums of Kenyan cities until he literally had no money left.

He kept taking them in until he had to build a bigger place away from town, depending on donations to feed and clothe the
He used his entrepreneurial skills to start a farm that turned desert into a fairly lush and thriving operation where they not only supply their own needs, but are able to sell excess into global markets.  Greenhouses that collect rainwater into ponds which in turn become farm-raised fish operations.  They meet the needs of children with food, shelter, healthcare, education, conservation, individual counseling and much much more.

If the world had more people like Charles Mully, putting his money into helping others instead of continuing to grow his own bank account . . .

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

BabyMotoya

x Tippet needs your thoughts and prayers New