News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

State of the Davidson

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 29, 2017, 20:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Is it just me or is this article hard to follow? 

Example:  "Weaver said the bears are overpopulated."  Overpopulated with what?  Fleas?  Ticks?  Mud balls?

Damn, I am getting old!  I'll read it again when I'm fresh.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Small newspapers simply do no have the monetary resources for sufficient staffing.  They TT clearly needs a proofreader.  The Elkin NC HS journalism club provides a considerable amount of finished content for the Tribune and would never let something like this go to print.

I care absolutely nothing about the big D, or the silly interlopers who love our public lands to death. 

Paving the NF roads would be a sensible way to mitigate sediment issues.  Joes creek near in the Yaddy watershed is in horrible shape, and the sole source of sediment is dirt roads.  The NFS should impose user fees to generate revenue to pave all the dirt roads.

I've noticed the decrease in rainfall in the upper FB, and upper Savannah watershed, particularly during the dry season.  Doughton Park, Stone Mt Park  area streams have seen an increase in recent years. 

Grannyknot

me trying to read this

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

rbphoto

Looks like a loose conglomeration of factual information without a clear point.

Kinda like Trivial Pursuit for Pisgah Forest . . .

Geez, my high school English teacher would have smacked me for turning in a draft like that.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

NCsporksman

$700 per weekend on paper for the shitters? Either someone needs to do a diet study on the visitors or the paper man is putting his kids to college with one facility, I'll  bet its not even 2 ply

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Grannyknot

my favorite part of the article was where it said the forest needed to be thinned because the deer had to walk so far.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Grannyknot on October 02, 2017, 09:27:32 AM
my favorite part of the article was where it said the forest needed to be thinned because the deer had to walk so far.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."   Carl Sagan

Enough said on our dismal effort to educate our citizenry. 

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 02, 2017, 10:28:04 AM

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."   Carl Sagan

Knowledge cannot be forced down peoples' throats. At some point, citizenry must possess some intrinsic desire to learn something.  Many are not inclined to learn because with knowledge comes responsibility, and by golly, it is mighty inconvenient to act like an adult....at least when it matters.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on October 02, 2017, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on October 02, 2017, 10:28:04 AM

Knowledge cannot be forced down peoples' throats. At some point, citizenry must possess some intrinsic desire to learn something.  Many are not inclined to learn because with knowledge comes responsibility, and by golly, it is mighty inconvenient to act like an adult....at least when it matters.

We all have an "intrinsic" desire to learn.  I firmly believe there is an innate craving.  Direction might be the problem, and answer to the puzzle; some of us might be learning less than useful information.

I should have said, 'Enough said on our dismal effort to correctly educate our citizenry'.

NCsporksman

I intrinsically want to know how much these people are shitting at said "education center"

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: NCsporksman on October 03, 2017, 06:09:14 AM
I intrinsically want to know how much these people are shitting at said "education center"

The average stool weight is probably somewhere around .27 lbs at a rate of one stool per day, figures reported in the literature.  I doubt there is much deviation with the folks that are visiting the NC Educational Center.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02617184

There are several other questions that could be addressed.  A few:
1.   Are bathroom paper products higher in cost in NC or at government facilities?
2.   Are these $700/day paper products used exclusively for wiping one's ass or are they also used for drying hands?
3.   Are visitors stealing paper products?
4.   Have we correctly educated ourselves on the most efficient method of wiping our ass?

Addendum:  Figures of .27lb and 1/day may not apply to certain BRFFF members, those members suffering from being a blivit, who crap larger and more often, or those suffering from Fecal Encephalopathy that shit from their mouths requiring tooth brush and mouthwash, no tp. 

troutfanatic

Quote from: NCsporksman on October 02, 2017, 08:59:23 AM
$700 per weekend on paper for the shitters? Either someone needs to do a diet study on the visitors or the paper man is putting his kids to college with one facility, I'll  bet its not even 2 ply

Maybe they eating lamb?

Dougfish

Or ribz?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

troutfanatic

ribz don't make you poop. they make you fall in fire.