News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Sunday road trip

Started by buddy_25_99, September 03, 2017, 20:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy_25_99

Not sure why somethings still can manage to surprise me any more. Much like watching a beautiful day 5 to 6 days a week threw a window at work. Only to wake up to violent thunder on the day you have to your self. After laying there for a second I realized don't be a bitch. I would have just furthered what ever depth of crazy I am by staying in. I had done some research the night before on a possible new creek. In reading, google earthing, and looking up anything and everything I can find on this creek. I stumble upon a tributary feeding it almost as big, but there is no info on the creek other than a name. So I decided I should go see it for my self.

Looking threw a very familiar view I eagerly set out on my way.

Getting to the creek I was impressed. Water was a little low but looked good over all, setting at 59 degrees. I come to a nice deep pool. The fish come to life right as the rain lets up, and they are making the water boil. What the fuck they was eating idk I tried every dry style color size I had. Went to emergers nothing. This would be spartic threw the day. Just random feeding on top with no hatch that I could see. Or couldn't see things in water from the trees. Decided to try something different. In the pic u can kinda see I had my weight below the fly. This seem to be the ticket. Idk what it did. I had ran everything including a pheasant tail previously before this. Soon as I hooked this up. I landed a brown and lost a rain bow back to back on a hole I had already beat on for 30 45 min.

This hole here was one of those that almost gives u chills when u see it. You just know there is going to be a fish in it.

And not to be let down I smashed some rainbows out of this bad boy. Catching 3 and loosing one.

And this is where my heart was broken. Lost the biggest brook I've personally ever hooked. I don't think I've ever been so amped over a 12 inch fish. I was so excited to get 3 different types of trout in a day. On top of hanging on to my biggest brookie I'm sure I fucked it up. The thrill though still leaves no regrets.

I was a little disappointed hearing thunder this morning. the rain was for sure a good thing. The high outside was 57 with nothing but trees around me. Today gave me that breath of fresh air that I needed. Can't wait for fall!!!

Now time to catch a buzz. Motto for the day don't be a bitch.