Unlimited Anti Cairns! "Doug's Place"

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 31, 2017, 15:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Although unsightly to some, these rock manipulations have been going on for a long time, all over the globe – no surprise to you folks because I am sure you knew that.

This article actually underestimates the resiliency of aquatic critters.  As for the "salmon stream survey" site mentioned, how environmentally sensitive was the site?  Must not have been too delicate or there would have been more obvious signage, even limiting wading. 

And there is absolutely no such animal as "Leave No Trace".   My guess is that wading up and down a stream for considerable distances disrupts more than stacking rocks at select locations.

But I will not deny any of you from kicking over the damned things.  Don't mess with a man's hard-on.  They really don't piss me off, not like those red and green skid marks from plastic boats.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Cairns and bass boats. And the people that embrace them.  p;-
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

driver

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on August 01, 2017, 13:10:44 PM
Cairns and bass boats. And the people that embrace them.  p;-

This is called a spurious correlation.  Doug, your association makes no sense, like the fabricated linking between BRFFF members and critical thinkers, or eating broccoli and herpes, or catching brookies and knowledge of Codex Vaticanus, or ..... you get the picture. 

I expect better. 

Aka

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 31, 2017, 16:05:15 PM

My guess is that wading up and down a stream for considerable distances disrupts more than stacking rocks at select locations.

That's what I suspected too. I doubt that much harm befalls the ones that get kicked loose by wading save for a few that don't find a new rock quick enough and end up in a lucky trouts gut a bit downstream. I don't get all Doug when I see a cairn but I suppose I'd rather not see them.

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: pansyman on August 01, 2017, 19:21:12 PM
Still Ghey as FUK

Pure gibberish!  Ghey as FUK is babble.    Did some of you recently complete a crash course on 'How to speak twaddle'?  The only reference to Ghey as FUK I could find was 'Jersey Shore', and I was sure no one here at BRFFF watched that show.  Damn, I learned something today. 

Dougfish

Go to bed. On your totally synthetic bass boat.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Grannyknot

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Phil

Quote from: Grannyknot on August 02, 2017, 06:27:18 AM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Henheh. Now that's funny as shit right there.  y;

Dougfish

Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

It might be funny, if I understood.  What does "Finally Got Laid" mean?  And I wonder why there is no 2006 figure?  Incomplete declaration --- unacceptable. 

Grannyknot

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 02, 2017, 10:23:55 AM
It might be funny, if I understood.  What does "Finally Got Laid" mean?  And I wonder why there is no 2006 figure?  Incomplete declaration --- unacceptable.

06 was a bad year for cairns iirc
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Grannyknot on August 02, 2017, 10:43:30 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 02, 2017, 10:23:55 AM

06 was a bad year for cairns iirc

Or the author failed to enjoy the stream/river corridors that year, because he was inside polishing his knob, yet to get "laid".  I looked it up and now know the meaning. 

Never trust a man that can't multitask by kicking over cairns and masturbate, at the same time, in the great outdoors.