News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A Rather Un_Epic Stroll (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, July 18, 2017, 15:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

A quick decision early on put me at a producing, yet well-worn piece of water. Rigged up and hiked in. Trout seemed to peak my interest seeing as how smallmouth have wholly captivated my attention for several weeks now.

Observances of newly fallen trees remind me of potential storm damage in the gorge. At last, water.

First drift, small brown.

Several more unimpressive browns were enjoyed. Just as many were lost before being netted. The pheasant tail was effective.

Upon reaching only my halfway point or so, the sky darkened, and just over the mountainside's summit, a throaty bellow advertised what was making it's way toward me. Pressing on, a couple more fish, then a hasty retreat. The 45 minute hike/wade out seemed to stretch into a longer endeavor, almost as I was moving in slow motion in an unfair race against the impending storm.

Vehicle reached. Shelter taken. Bad weather is no big deal, however lightning is no opponent to be fooled with.

Trip terminated prematurely.

Phil

A wise decision (said by someone who was struck by lightning on a fishing trip about 7 years ago).  :o

BrookieHunter

Those big ass spiders are no joke, good thing they aren't very dangerous.