Redington Customer Service & Simms Customer Service

Started by Dee-Vo, July 05, 2017, 17:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

So, the recently broken rod needs a repair. Called Redington and left a message. They returned my call in a few hours. Rather than have to send the whole rod in and all that shit, he's just allowing me to send pics of all pieces of my rod and email them to him. He'll send me the whole piece I need. $40 total charge. This went far easier and faster than I had imagined. Will update as this progresses. Said a week or two and I should have it back.

Now, hopefully Simms will be easy to work with as well. I'm going to get my old pair of wading boots repaired and resoled. This way I'll always have an extra pair.

Michael Toris

Redington has the best customer service I have ever seen. The lady that runs it, Wanda or Cathy or something of the sorts, used to know me by name.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dee-Vo

Dee-Vo

Emailed info and pics to Redington this morning. Smooth so far.

Filled out appropriate forms to return Simms Freestones. Will ship back. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a new pair out of this. If not, I'm still repairing for future use.

Dee-Vo

Orvis' 100% satisfaction guarantee is damned impressive. I hope Simms will get off of their asses to help. If not, I'll try Orvis in the future.

streamereater_101691

Quote from: Dee-Vo on July 06, 2017, 14:47:29 PM
Orvis' 100% satisfaction guarantee is damned impressive. I hope Simms will get off of their asses to help. If not, I'll try Orvis in the future.

don't get on the whorevis train. Their customer service sucks UNLESS you know someone on the inside to push things along. Redington has really taken care of me in the past: 2 rods(my fault) and 1 pair of waders that should have gone in the can ;D

Dee-Vo

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on July 06, 2017, 17:36:30 PM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on July 06, 2017, 14:47:29 PM

don't get on the whorevis train. Their customer service sucks UNLESS you know someone on the inside to push things along. Redington has really taken care of me in the past: 2 rods(my fault) and 1 pair of waders that should have gone in the can ;D

That guarantee though.

Phil

I don't care what anybody else says. Orvis' guarantees are unbeatable. One example among many -- I had an Orvis 2 weight rod for 5 years. Didn't like it because it was too light and whippy. Talked to an Orvis rep, returned it for a new 5 weight listed at a hundred dollars more than I paid for the old rod. No charge.

I hope the Redington reps do you right. They have a good reputation.

Dee-Vo

streamereater_101691

Quote from: Phil on July 06, 2017, 19:11:06 PM
I don't care what anybody else says. Orvis' guarantees are unbeatable. One example among many -- I had an Orvis 2 weight rod for 5 years. Didn't like it because it was too light and whippy. Talked to an Orvis rep, returned it for a new 5 weight listed at a hundred dollars more than I paid for the old rod. No charge.

I hope the Redington reps do you right. They have a good reputation.

Sweet deal there! With their stores now, I think it more depends on who you talk to. Some souls are nicer and more accommodating than others..such is life.

troutfanatic

Orvis- I've never had an issue with customer service. I returned a set of leaking waders, had a brand new pair within two weeks. I had a pair of their shit Access boots fall apart, they replaced them. Paying 60.00 up front for a rod warranty repair or exchange is a bit much, but it was quick turn around. They sent me a brand new Helios 2 versus repairing it. I'm about to send the kid's Clearwater I busted on an accidental carp.

Redington, a quarter of my rods are Redington. I own Predators in 6, 7, 8x2, 10 and I'm about to buy a 12. That is the best fast action streamer rod for the price range. I also have a butter stick. I snapped it on a elkhorn pig. I had another one in hand less than 2 weeks later. My kids use their waders and boots, no issues. Sage falls under the same parent company. I've had similar experiences with them. Tranny claims they fucked him over on a rod he sent back.

I gave up on Simms a long time ago. Even with the military discount, they are still overpriced. I sent a pair of waders back for repair or replacement, and ended up in a 3 month battle with them over what is fair wear and tear. The waders were 2 years old and had less than 100 days of use. I switched to Orvis. The quality is lesser, but I can buy 2 pairs of sonics for the price of a G3, and I can return them no questions asked.

If I was to venture back to high end waders, I'd go Patagonia.

St. Croix, can suck my sack. Nothing like buying a warranty separate from the rod. That wasn't always the case, especially when I bought my Avid models.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutfanatic on July 07, 2017, 12:23:39 PM
Orvis- I've never had an issue with customer service. I returned a set of leaking waders, had a brand new pair within two weeks. I had a pair of their shit Access boots fall apart, they replaced them. Paying 60.00 up front for a rod warranty repair or exchange is a bit much, but it was quick turn around. They sent me a brand new Helios 2 versus repairing it. I'm about to send the kid's Clearwater I busted on an accidental carp.

Redington, a quarter of my rods are Redington. I own Predators in 6, 7, 8x2, 10 and I'm about to buy a 12. That is the best fast action streamer rod for the price range. I also have a butter stick. I snapped it on a elkhorn pig. I had another one in hand less than 2 weeks later. My kids use their waders and boots, no issues. Sage falls under the same parent company. I've had similar experiences with them. Tranny claims they fucked him over on a rod he sent back.

I gave up on Simms a long time ago. Even with the military discount, they are still overpriced. I sent a pair of waders back for repair or replacement, and ended up in a 3 month battle with them over what is fair wear and tear. The waders were 2 years old and had less than 100 days of use. I switched to Orvis. The quality is lesser, but I can buy 2 pairs of sonics for the price of a G3, and I can return them no questions asked.

If I was to venture back to high end waders, I'd go Patagonia.

St. Croix, can suck my sack. Nothing like buying a warranty separate from the rod. That wasn't always the case, especially when I bought my Avid models.

I recall your boot issue. Good to know they handled it for you. Redington charged $40 up front for rod piece switch. Simms has that buy local made in USA stuff for their waders, however most other things aren't made here by them. Orvis' things aren't made here mostly either, I think. I'll buy made here all I can. Still, that guarantee is badass, and it means a lot.

troutfanatic

maybe it's time for you to jump in the deep end and buy one of them high donkey US made rods?
St Croix makes a decent rod in the US. The Avid models are around 300. Orvis Recon is around 400. I'd drop 400 for a rod long before I would for waders.

Dougfish

Rack full of low donkey made in the USA . Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

driver

Quote from: Dougfish on July 07, 2017, 16:15:50 PM
Rack full of low donkey made in the USA . Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Looks like a bowl of spaghetti to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk