News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith river fish fry

Started by streamereater_101691, June 05, 2017, 09:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streamereater_101691

As many of you know, the Smith above Bassett is loaded with small fish. The shocking numbers don't lie. Many forum members have done some culling of small fish on their own, but we haven't had a forum wide date. I wanted to pitch the idea and see how it would be received to have a forum wide fish fry date since stocking season is over and the truck chasers are thinning out. This would provide the few larger fish in the upper river an opportunity to eat over the summer and get ready for a successful spawn in the fall. Please comment with your ideas(positive and negative). I am thinking of having a central rendezvous location like the new mirror plant.  People spread out from there and meet back at a designated time to eat. With enough people and interest, we could make this a full evening meal. Number of anglers comments would also be appreciated. I think also we should invite CPO Bruce Young as well to further our relationship with him.

Again, forum-wide including friends if you want to bring them. I already have 6 people who are in, but I wanted to open up the conversation on the forum.

Possible dates(6/24, 25) (7/1,2,4,8,9)

Al

I like it!!!   'c; 'c;

I can't attend during the proposed June dates but so far I'm open during the July dates. 

streamereater_101691

Almost 100 views and only 1 reply...sad(no offense to Al of course).

Update: Whatever day is selected via highest number of potential attendees, I will provide:
Large cooler with ice and water
gas grill
foil
lemons and seasonings
tables
plates and weapons

(bring your own beer)

Big J

I would go, but my end of June and all of July is booked up.  I'd be interested in a future trip like this though.

Dougfish

7/4, 8, 9 are the only possibilities for moi. We suk.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Al

Quote from: streamereater_101691 on June 13, 2017, 08:49:17 AM
Almost 100 views and only 1 reply...sad(no offense to Al of course).

Update: Whatever day is selected via highest number of potential attendees, I will provide:
Large cooler with ice and water
gas grill
foil
lemons and seasonings
tables
plates and weapons

(bring your own beer)

If we do a Dgif sampling of the upper river between now and then and I'm able to participate  I will bring enough fish to make up for you guys who can't catch them  :P