News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Is anybody.......

Started by Yallerhammer, June 04, 2017, 14:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryguy

I wish I got to fish half as much as some of y'all.  Last time I scheduled 2 days to float we got 3+" of rain, and the time before that the Jackson was muddy.

Rod building and pondering a drift boat build keep the addiction hobby going. 

Dougfish

Al understands content.  'c;

Meanwhile....

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

tomato can

I'm on the docket for some TR that is fer sure.  I just fished Piney Creek today and got my ass handed to me.  5 dinks in 4 hours is rufff.   My annual alligator river trip is next week:  1000 crickets, bears, pitcher plants etc  in the land time forgot,  headed to Maine for two weeks at the end of June and some smalljaws float trips in July and August. 

ryguy

Where to in Maine?

Fished Rangeley with the Rapid River, Kennebago River, and fished the West Branch of Penobscot.

BrookieHunter

I haven't been here long enough to comment much, but I'd say the damn facebook, instagram bullshit is to blame for much of the reduced forum participation.

What's up with all the guests looking at posts? login and participate or throw up some pictures. Hell, pictures of trout is all anybody really wants anyway.

tomato can

Quote from: ryguy on June 04, 2017, 20:23:07 PM
Where to in Maine?

Fished Rangeley with the Rapid River, Kennebago River, and fished the West Branch of Penobscot.

way up north at Red River Camp's for the first week in the deboille preserve up near Fort Kent/Caribou.  The second week I will be fishing the WBP, some trout streams in Baxter and some trout ponds.  Last year I was at Grand Lake Stream.

Fin

Quotespend an hour resizing and editing pics and uploading them

This is the main reason I do not post trip reports.  It's just too easy to throw up some pics on Instagram and/or Facebook.  There was a time I could email myself all my pictures and during that process my iphone would give me the option of, "Full size, Large, Medium, or Small" file size.  I could select "Medium" and my photos were instantly resized and trip report ready.  During one of the many iphone updates this option appears to have gone away. 

On a different note, it looks like I need to check with Al and see if he needs any work done out at his cabin...

rbphoto

I'm just too damn lazy.

Actually, I don't fish enough anymore.

TR coming from this past weekend, but it sucked.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

Bill, when are Doug, you and I going to float the SoHo again?  I think that trip needs a redo.

Dougfish

That shitshow needs to happen. Leave your wedding band at home this time. And Bill needs to leave his cell phone.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

TwoThumbsUp

Quote from: Yallerhammer on June 04, 2017, 16:17:09 PM
Some of those plethora of "guests" need to post. It doesn't hurt much, really.
In

rbphoto

Quote from: rbphoto on June 05, 2017, 07:46:44 AM
I'm just too damn lazy.

Actually, I don't fish enough anymore.

TR coming from this past weekend, but it sucked.

Ain't got time for this:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 346

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 347

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 348

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 351

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 352

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php:415) in /home/blueri7/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 353
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

sanjuanwormhatch

It is interesting that Instagram, where an average of 10 words is posted with each picture, gobbles up a proper TR. 

troutfanatic

Quote from: Onslow on June 04, 2017, 19:29:11 PM
I'm waiting for the following:

1.  Troutfanatic to stop acting like a troutfaggot, and fish the Little River in Montgomery Cnty upstream of Thickety Rd to Lake Eury.  Yes there are smallmouth, Roanokes, and largemouth in thar.

I prefer being troutfaggot; is your butthole currently empty? -+;

Brother, you only scratch the surface of where and what I fish for, and yes I have fished the Uwharrie area. Roll that sweet ass of yours down here and we shall pillage the Uwharrie. I am leaving Friday on a multi-state, multi-species misadventure, and a dead show or two.

But, I'll add to Yella's discussion...

Around 2012, this forum began to slip. My original account was launched in 2008. I'd go off to the sandbox for a year and never logged in. when I got home, I noticed more OG members have departed and new ones arrived. The dynamics changed with each tour.

When I got home from my 2012 tour, I hardly knew any of the active posters. Most of the guys that welcomed me aboard in 08 and those that I fished with were gone, guys like Leedawg, cmiller51H. Tranny, Al and TM were about the only ones left that I knew. I later met steelrain and dylar.

It started becoming factional around that time. Too much political shit, trolling, and deliberate efforts to antagonize people. I indulged too. It culminated when steelrain, dylar and I got booted, a half dozen others quit, including tranny. I still fish with tranny a few times a year and make plans to fish with dylar. I don't think steelrain fishes anymore and I haven't seen him since last summer.

I made my peace with Keith a long time ago. Tranny has too. Dylar has asked to come back, and said he will do similar to me, avoiding political bullshit and troll-countertroll. That decision is on Keith. I suspect tranny would come back if dylar did. I'd further suggest that several others would follow.

content brings people in. Not enough TRs being posted, and posting one is a pain in the ass. Other social media platforms are one click and done.

Some have said, they won't post TRs because they are followed with PMs from people who want to hotspot or comments from others on where they think they fished.

Noobs are few and far between because too much Drakish bullshit occurs with noobs. I am guilty of this too.

I'd ultimately say, if you want it better, you have to decide what you can do to make it better.

Dee-Vo

"Ask not what your BRFFF can do for you—ask what you can do for your BRFFF."