News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Is anybody.......

Started by Yallerhammer, June 04, 2017, 14:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yallerhammer

Out there? Seems like this place has completely died over the last year or two. Used to be a lot of discussion, talk, or at least arguments going on here. Now, there's about three or four folks who occasionally check in, and never say anything, and seem to dislike everybody except each other. When folks once in a blue moon go to the trouble to post TRs, nobody seems to bother  to read or comment on them. New folks are driven away, and most others are ignored. What happened? Does anybody even give a shit? Am I talking to myself? Do you want everybody to go away? Will anybody read this?
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Many other social media platforms have gobbled up most forum members from most forums, not just this one, not to mention the hobby of blue-lining being an overall dying thing. People are getting lazier and lazier.

I plan to continue to post reports when I can get out more. Lots of dudes get older and gain more responsibility which sucks lots of their time away from not only fishing, but posting as well. The more a man has stacked on his plate, the less things of this nature seem to hold priority.

I enjoy this forum. Not many quite like it. I wish more exploration and discussion would take place.

It is what it is.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on June 04, 2017, 14:24:08 PM
Many other social media platforms have gobbled up most forum members from most forums, not just this one, not to mention the hobby of blue-lining being an overall dying thing. People are getting lazier and lazier.

I plan to continue to post reports when I can get out more. Lots of dudes get older and gain more responsibility which sucks lots of their time away from not only fishing, but posting as well. The more a man has stacked on his plate, the less things of this nature seem to hold priority.

I enjoy this forum. Not many quite like it. I wish more exploration and discussion would take place.

It is what it is.

True dat. This is a unique place, and I have always enjoyed it, bullshit and all. It just seems sad to see it fade away person by person.

Dee-Vo

Yep. Lots of dudes don't like the shit people give one another. That's why they post on other platforms where only friends and the like will view and post.

I just love the part about finding and accessing hard to get to areas and finding fish there. My favorite.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on June 04, 2017, 14:32:05 PM
Yep. Lots of dudes don't like the shit people give one another. That's why they post on other platforms where only friends and the like will view and post.

I just love the part about finding and accessing hard to get to areas and finding fish there. My favorite.

Same here. Even if I am one of those despicable inbred, knuckle-dragging hillbillies who doesn't drive a 'ru with a Coexist sticker on the back bumper.  ;D

Dougfish

I wish I could post up my tiddy pics. Other than that, I have fault with lurkers. Join in! We're not quite the dicks we used to be. But bring value! Maybe we're intimidating?

No, thats bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dougfish on June 04, 2017, 15:08:45 PM
I wish I could post up my tiddy pics. Other than that, I have fault with lurkers. Join in! We're not quite the dicks we used to be. But bring value! Maybe we're intimidating?

No, thats bullshit.

"Yallerhammer, Dougfish, croaker and 91 Guests are viewing this board"

;D

Phil

As far as fishing boards go, I only go to this one and one other. The other one has died out more than this one. I don't post a lot, but read most everything here and really enjoy the trout reports.
I'm heading out for a camp/fish in a couple days down your way, Yallerhammer. If'n I do any good, I'll post a TR on the other board. Maybe even here if the fish are really big. I don't want to get lambasted for my puny TRs.  :embarassed:

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on June 04, 2017, 15:54:26 PM
As far as fishing boards go, I only go to this one and one other. The other one has died out more than this one. I don't post a lot, but read most everything here and really enjoy the trout reports.
I'm heading out for a camp/fish in a couple days down your way, Yallerhammer. If'n I do any good, I'll post a TR on the other board. Maybe even here if the fish are really big. I don't want to get lambasted for my puny TRs.  :embarassed:

The rest of us just catch punes, too-except for Onslow's big ol' brown a while back. Lambasting isn't that painful, anyway. I get lambasted for roasting native punes and sucking the succulent forbidden flesh from their little puny bones. :)

And if you read stuff and never comment on it, I can't speak for other people; but I am much less likely to spend an hour resizing and editing pics and uploading them if nobody gives a damn enough to say anything about them.

Yallerhammer

Some of those plethora of "guests" need to post. It doesn't hurt much, really.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on June 04, 2017, 15:08:45 PM

I wish I could post up my tiddy pics.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Phil

"And if you read stuff and never comment on it, I can't speak for other people; but I am much less likely to spend an hour resizing and editing pics and uploading them if nobody gives a damn enough to say anything about them."

I comment on TRs sometimes. Will try to do better. I do, however, enjoy the pics a lot.
The TRs here are pretty awesome and fairly intimidating. I can't fish that well , get to some of those spots, and/or take great pics.

Onslow

I'm waiting for the following:

1.  Troutfanatic to stop acting like a troutfaggot, and fish the Little River in Montgomery Cnty upstream of Thickety Rd to Lake Eury.  Yes there are smallmouth, Roanokes, and largemouth in thar.

2.  Erik of Bruce to haul is ass, and his boat to the Pamlico Sound for some long rod flounder, and drum action.

3.  Tomato Can to present his annual surprise TR.

4.  Phil's imminent escapade near the Smokies

5.  Some coverage of the the Wilson Creek NC area.

6.  Some warmwater campage/overnight floaty boatage action.

7.  Some blackwater/cypress tree topwater bass/bowfin action on the Cashie River, Lockwood Folly, Pasquatank, Merchants Millpond, Bennett Creek, Welch Creek.

8.  Savannah River action by Croaker

9.  Ityuglyflies busting citation Roanokes on the Fall Line section of the Nottaway.

I plan to fish some stuff very few have ever seen or fished before the year is up.  Hope all goes well.

Dee-Vo

I'm going to tackle at least one of those soon. I have to finish up where I've started before leaving.

Al

I still check here at least once daily when I am near my desktop. Got a couple photos for you - problem is half the time I have a difficult time posting them.

First one is of a 1/2 cooler of big bream and medium size bass which Anthony Hipps and I caught last Friday after he was the guest speaker at SRTU. (Pond owner asked us to keep them as pond is too crowded)

Second is my backyard neighbor who is one mean gal from Ft Bragg