Gone! Gander Mt files for bankruptcy

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 06, 2017, 17:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Gander Mountain files bankruptcy, closing all locations
http://wr.al/180sS

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

That place was the suck. I hope that doesn't mean Overton's as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

itieuglyflies

Several years ago Bass Pro moved into Richmond just a mile or so from the Gander Mt. Store and Gander closed shortly thereafter. Ironically, a local sporting goods store, GreenTop moved into that large space and has prospered. We are fortunate to have them as they are one of the best period. If any of you are traveling up 95 do check them out. (No I have no affiliation, just like to see local stores not only compete but beat the big box stores.

Onslow

Too much brick and mortar retail the US.  Big ole bust be getting some momentum.

ryguy

Green Top does have a nice store.  Considering their old location was much smaller, I figure they are doing well which is good to see. 
Wonder what all the other Gander Mt stores will become?

Fishbug

FYI

Went to the Roanoke store yesterday. Allegedly clearing everything out---not really clearance prices though; 20% off their fly fishing stuff which seemed a little overpriced at baseline. Mostly tiemco hooks, various SA lines, scant tying material. 15% off conventional tackle. 20% off clothing. 10% off hunting stuff.

Maybe closer to the closing date things will be 50+% off otherwise not worth it.

Dougfish

They sucked. They died.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

jwgnc

Burnsville, NC independent shop is also closed
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

fishhead

the news this morning said they got bought out by camping world. which to my knowledge is mostly like travel trailers rv's etc.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: fishhead on May 08, 2017, 15:14:46 PM
the news this morning said they got bought out by camping world. which to my knowledge is mostly like travel trailers rv's etc.

Buy an RV get a Gander Mt Store?!?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

The Camping World is right next to Goose Mountain in Roanoke. Needed more room to park those pieces of shit?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Al

I saw a similar story about Camper World buying them out. It also said some Gander Mtn stores would stay open and that our local store in Fayetteville would be one of them.  Not sure why because the last time I was in there they were very understaffed and overpriced. Took my $$ down the road to Academy. We also have a Field & Stream store slated to open in a few months.

natureboy

Stopped in at the Fredericksburg location over the weekend and their crap is still overpriced.  Wake me up when they hit 50% off...

troutfanatic

Quote from: Al on May 08, 2017, 18:54:10 PM
I saw a similar story about Camper World buying them out. It also said some Gander Mtn stores would stay open and that our local store in Fayetteville would be one of them.  Not sure why because the last time I was in there they were very understaffed and overpriced. Took my $$ down the road to Academy. We also have a Field & Stream store slated to open in a few months.

Fayettenam is staying open. For being as overpriced as they are, they capitalize on a young military demographic with ample disposable income after a deployment. It's a shame because there are so many cheaper gun shops in the area.

As far as F&S goes. I was a victim of their first store in Cranberry PA. They are bigger price gougers than Gander hilltop.