News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River 06/03/06

Started by phg, June 05, 2006, 15:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phg

I've posted this on SEFFF too:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a free pass to go fishing today, so I headed up to the Smith R. The forecast was for showers and thundershowers, but I was desperate, and, after all, I do have a raincoat.

The day turned out very plesant. There was an annonying wind that would kick up from time to time, but overall, it was a good fishing day. No rain, but some high clouds most of the morning that kept the sun off the water until nearly noon.

I'm not sure if the bite was good, but I did manage over a dozen fish brought to hand (I lost count ). All but one were browns, and only one was less than 8". The first 9 all took my #16 brassie dropper, and after than they all hit the dry. Go figure. The bite ended around noon as the sun was very intense, and the fish became spooky.

The new rod that I built just for fishing the Smith performed well. I'm going to be very happy with it.

Two of the Smith River's Finest:

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

larrybug

very pretty   better use sunblock on that arm next time

phg

Quotebetter use sunblock on that arm next time
I had factor 45 on.  It gets a little pink sometimes, but doesn't actually burn.

badankles

i do miss the trout...thnx for sharing. 
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

troutphisher

Nice fish! I bet they were fun to catch  0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.