Wading boot recomendations

Started by themidge, January 02, 2016, 11:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

The best made wading boots I've ever had the pleasure to wear were a pair of Danners  purchased in the ealy 90s.  Murican made, and Hiner approved. 

BTW, screw stinkhorn creek.  Not stickin my rod in Iggy Azaleas giner.  Yes TF, I noticed the TR @ Drake.  Clark was also partaking  at some point.  Seriously, yall can do better than that.

BrookieHunter

I can vouch for the Danner river grippers as well, 20 years off and on fishing in a pair and they are still usable, barely. If only Danner would bring them back.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

troutfanatic

Quoteyall can do better than that.

And we do, but this is the age of relentless hotspotting. It seems you can't post a picture of a fish on the internet without somebody trying to crawl up your ass to find out where you caught it or how. Pretty much the reason why I don't do the TR game anymore. A few pics on social media to remind people I fish and be done with it.

But I digress, the last few months, I've found low water to be annoying and I have focused on salt. The same might be said about Dylar and Tranny. Other associates decline fishing in this period to favor a tree stand.

As for shit crick? Its like going ass to mouth. A lot more people do it than are willing to admit.  :P

The crick is a simple indulgence that includes a case study in economics, anthropology and social work. There is far more to that state than one measily crick. There is far more to that watershed than the 4-5 miles people focus on.

Danner? Never did the wading boots. I have done their military boots. I have a pair I wear for hunting that is about 25 years old and has only been resoled once.

driver

Quote from: BrookieHunter on November 03, 2016, 11:38:37 AM
I can vouch for the Danner river grippers as well, 20 years off and on fishing in a pair and they are still usable, barely. If only Danner would bring them back.

Are you wearing you left on your right and right on your left?

BrookieHunter

No, they are definitely on the right feet. Just worn out a bit.

Dougfish

Follow up on those Kold Kutter studs.
A day and a half of fishing. Probably 5+ miles.
Went in easily, held well (did not lose any), gripped well. Definitely wearing quicker than the old Goatheads.
$2.60/re-load vs. $20. The bag of 250 will give me almost 10 re-loads.  -0-

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dougfish

8 months later, still hanging in there. But have lost a lot off bite.
I fell to my knee and to my hands on Saturday. First time I've gone down in a long time.  :o Could have been ugly back there.
Almost swam on the slimy Roanoke yesterday.
Reload time. $2.60 reload.
And I need to start carrying the staff more.  b';

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006