News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

"Talk of the abuses of slavery! Humbug! The thing itself is the essence of all abuse!"
― Augustine St. Clare
You cannot view this attachment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Interesting how so much truth is to be found in the writings of authors who show up on government blacklists. 🧐

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Wish I could have read it about 55 years ago.
Would recommend for high schoolers and other young folks.

― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Enlightening
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Hawking presented in a manner that allows us mere mortals a glimpse into the possibilities of the how.

― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

Never before has someone been so successful at failing up. I laughed through most of it.  Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

"What we have experienced cannot be undone, it has been,
but this Having-been is perhaps the most certain form of being." V.F. 1946

― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

A fun read from the master of mystery.

― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

Pretty damned good read, and not even a popular title from him.

trout-r-us

Lest we forget. 🙁

― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

"Survive until tomorrow"

― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Agatha Christie.  'Nough said.
― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

The third installment of The Dark Tower journey. They're getting better as I progress.

Dee-Vo

Uniquely written. I wonder if other works from this author are the same in terms of format/punctuation.....

The book got better as I progressed through it. Some tough mental pictures here to consider, especially if you've got children similarly aged.

trout-r-us

"Imagined Order"   Y.H.

A ruthless lot for sure.

― Heraclitus