News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Barnes and Nobles, Brown Dog, hardcover $6.98 - a must have!

You cannot view this attachment.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Updating on completed novels over the last couple of months:

I finished William Forstchen's "One Second After" trilogy. The last of the trilogy, "The Final Day", was great, as was the entire series.

I completed my first Harlan Coben book - "Home" - good read for sure. Maybe more of his stuff waiting for me in the future.

A few more of Stephen King's works that I've finished up - "The Long Walk," "Roadwork," "The Running Man," and "Rage." All great as usual.

Completed "The Revenant" by Michael Punke. A great book, better than the flick, in my eyes.

Another King novel that I finished a week or so ago was "Firestarter." Enjoyed it.

Many of the books I've been reading are from an era before my own. The lingo, settings, fashion, vehicles, etc., are a hoot. I have to look much of this up to comprehend what they're actually referring to.

Dee-Vo

Just finished Cujo. Another King novel.

This book rocked. What a suspenseful book. Very much worth picking up!

Dee-Vo

Another one retired to the bookshelf. A good book. I have many to read that you fellas have mentioned over the years here. Much work to do.You cannot view this attachment.

Dee-Vo

This was a little different than my normal choices in reading, but after adjusting a little early on, it was ok.

"Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom."

Dee-Vo

Just finished this trilogy. Yes, I read it. I read all three back to back to back. Yep.

Subject matter was certainly something different for me. Comical how every female I encountered while going through these had read them already. These were not bad, but I'm so looking forward to starting something new.You cannot view this attachment.

troutrus

Just finishing up with this one by John Ehle. Sad.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutrus on August 06, 2019, 22:07:11 PMJust finishing up with this one by John Ehle. Sad.

Isn't reading out of doors grand?

troutrus

Quote from: Dee-Vo on August 07, 2019, 08:07:06 AM
Quote from: troutrus on August 06, 2019, 22:07:11 PMJust finishing up with this one by John Ehle. Sad.

Isn't reading out of doors grand?
Yes, when weather and bugs permit.

Dee-Vo

So many people have seen movies that were adapted from the original written story. Like the movie? Imagine how much you'd enjoy the original, more detailed version. Read.

This is a great example. A very good, creepy story. Just finished it.

I enjoy catching the subtle hints and references to other King stories. This book mentioned Cujo, The Shining, Derry, and Jerusalem's Lot.

#stephenking #petsematary #gage #micmacYou cannot view this attachment.

Sedition and Pockets

I have a habit of juggling several books at a time.  Gravity's Rainbow is a re-read.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Big J

Thread has taken an odd turn with Fifty Shades of Grey, Lenin, and Marx making an appearance.  Feel like there is a ironic dominance and enslavement theme trending here now.

Dougfish

To lighten it up:
Eating better, losing some poundage, team Dougfish diet.

Hiking lighter, smarter, scheming, losing some poundage.

Cutting back on dis,  0:0 , a wee bit of a problem. :laugh:

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

If you love the outdoors, birds/birding in particular, as I have always enjoyed, you'll love this book. A great, true, and inspiring adventure of a young man chasing his passion. Finished this earlier today.

#kennkaufman #birds #bigyear #kingbirdhighwayYou cannot view this attachment.

Beetle

Good one Devo- I will check that out!      Just finished Edward Abbey's Desert Solitaire.....so good