Main Menu

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

"Beautiful"

You cannot view this attachment.

greg

I'm currently reading home waters by John Maclean. It's about his father and time in Montana at seely lake. He is a journalist and editor and talks about the his father having him read a river runs through it for the first time. He said he told him don't let any editor or publisher touch one word. Said it was perfect exactly like it was.

rbphoto

Quote from: greg on August 27, 2021, 12:48:37 PMI'm currently reading home waters by John Maclean. It's about his father and time in Montana at seely lake. He is a journalist and editor and talks about the his father having him read a river runs through it for the first time. He said he told him don't let any editor or publisher touch one word. Said it was perfect exactly like it was.

I read that recently.  Really enjoyed his perspective on the family history.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

Really enjoying Stacy Keach reading the Nick Adams stories!

BTW you can borrow the print version here: https://archive.org/details/nickadamsstories00hemi_0

I get my audiobook from my library so the are free .
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout-r-us

Well done for the author's debut novel. Historical Fiction with a North Carolina flair.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

With all the hullabaloo over development of metaverse technology created to help us escape into the netherworlds, I personally still prefer the old ways of doing the same.

Middle-earth never looked so good.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

"Not all those who wander are lost"

― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

A well done reference guide that offers an understanding and tips for dealing with family members, friends, or anyone that is suffering through this difficult condition.

― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

My first from this author. A hell of a good read. More of his work will occupy my free time in the future.

trout-r-us

"Have patience. Go where you must go, and hope!"
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Maybe Tolkien was a fly angler; or perhaps it was Gandalf.

― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

Just finished it. Very entertaining.  V:;

bmadd

Quote from: Dee-Vo on December 27, 2021, 19:12:32 PM

My first from this author. A hell of a good read. More of his work will occupy my free time in the future.

They're all a fun read but all sort of sound the same in my opinion.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Earlier consumed by this one, so I decided to reexamine and check all the notes I made the first go around.

I assume Allen's texts were scrutinized and challenged.  If her words are true, then much of what we learned in school about our founding fathers and our nation's historical beginning might need revisiting.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

Quote from: bmadd on January 15, 2022, 12:35:35 PM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on December 27, 2021, 19:12:32 PM

They're all a fun read but all sort of sound the same in my opinion.

I sort of expect that going forward. I've just received another of his books. Time will tell.

trout-r-us

"Do not spoil the wonder with haste!"   J.R.R. Tolkien
― Heraclitus