News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yallerhammer

I've been reading some C.J. Box novels lately. Good stories.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

greg

I reread spine of time each year as well. I have a copy on truck at work for when I get a few free minutes and need an escape.

Al

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 18, 2021, 17:29:50 PMI've been reading some C.J. Box novels lately. Good stories.

Love C.J. Box novels ss well. Thankfully they are on the free Libby audiobook system. I download them and listen as I drive. Sometimes if I am working with my hands on a mundane project I pop the earplugs in and listen as I work around the house or in my workshop.

greg

Recently I've been on a William g tapply kick. Reading the Brady Coyne series.

troutrus

Arcadian
You cannot view this attachment.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: troutrus on March 19, 2021, 19:39:11 PMArcadian
I just reread The Maine Woods awhile back.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

driver

Quote from: troutrus on March 19, 2021, 19:39:11 PMArcadian

That's my favorite HDT. I felt like I was there.

Al

Here is a book I just finished "A Wild Cat Escape"   www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z4GCR69   It was written by my former  Special Forces radio operator Terry McIntosh.  Terry has classified this as historical fiction. I play a small role in the story and can see what is on the next page before it unfolds. I will let the reader separate the fiction from the facts on the ground. We lived it and are now letting our stories be told.

This book ties in with another book Terry McIntosh wrote  "The Youngest Green Beret" also on Amazon  and my own book "My War – Vietnam 68-69 / 71-73"  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088SG8S6D  . I highly recommend all three books if you want to see unembellished stories about what life was like for us at SF Camp Thanh Tri and beyond.

troutrus

Disappointing

troutrus

Perseverance

Dee-Vo

This is the last of the Stephen King books that were written under his pseudonym, Richard Bachman. At this point I've finished all of the 'Bachman' stories. I've enjoyed them as much as his 'normal' books, and some even more so. The grittier, crime-based, not-so-fantasy novels are a welcomed change.

Thinner was a good read. Another one that portrays just how much better the book always is than the movie.

Now, on to the next one. 📖 📚

Note ~ In a conversation in this story there are a couple of characters that refer to a situation as something out of a Stephen King book. I'm sure he enjoyed dropping tidbits of this nature in all of his 'other works' before folks realized that he was in fact Richard Bachman.

troutrus

"A man can see the sky. He can stare into the forest, but nobody really sees into a river. Only with a fishing rod can one look there."

greg

I think wooly recommended FIre in the Straw by nick Lyons excellent book. Dint know why I haven't read more of his work. Not a lot of fishing but still great.

Michael Toris

Quote from: troutrus on May 04, 2021, 06:32:34 AMShort but sweet.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

I need to read this so I can know what the big deal is. It blows my mind that this book is so hard to get ahold of.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: WMT on May 05, 2021, 02:09:09 AM
Quote from: troutrus on May 04, 2021, 06:32:34 AMShort but sweet.

I need to read this so I can know what the big deal is. It blows my mind that this book is so hard to get ahold of.

it was a limited edition of 1000 500. You can borrow my counterfeit copy, just pm me your addy....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!