News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beetle's Book and Word Thread

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, March 14, 2017, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Beetle on August 23, 2019, 08:22:45 AMGood one Devo- I will check that out!      Just finished Edward Abbey's Desert Solitaire.....so good

I'll make a note to add that to my to-read list. (Yes, I have a list. Current list to order is 22 books strong at the current time.) I'm always open for suggestions. I would order it now, but I have 8 more stacked atop my bookcase awaiting attention still at the moment.

driver

Devo, in IMGUR when you generate BBC code click "Huge Thumbnail" before you copy the text. You photos are massive.

Desert Solitaire is next in my queue on Audible.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: driver on August 23, 2019, 14:30:54 PMDevo, in IMGUR when you generate BBC code click "Huge Thumbnail" before you copy the text. You photos are massive.

Desert Solitaire is next in my queue on Audible.

Thanks. I'll be using tapatalk again now that it's available. Hopefully pics won't be huge anymore.

troutrus

Thanks for the tip Mudwall.
You cannot view this attachment.

naturgemälde - A nature painting portraying wholeness.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutrus on August 29, 2019, 05:53:06 AMThanks for the tip Mudwall.

naturgemälde - A nature painting portraying wholeness.

Fascinating study and an amazing read about the great era of exploration ! 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Thanks for posting. Added that to my to-read list.

Dee-Vo

I remember seeing the movie adaptation of this book when I was a lot younger. Just finished the book. Illustrations were impressive by Mr. Wrightson. A good, quick read.

#stephenking #werewolf #berniewrightsonGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutrus

A true gem from the local Dollar Tree. Best suited for men in their 60's or older, this kept me laughing out loud.

mahvelous- incredible, outstanding.

troutrus

Informative read. Takes me back to my childhood in the 50's and 60's at the Jersey shore and seeing the insecticide fog truck treating areas where we played, fished, crabbed, and clammed. A few years later being subjected to the same in the workplace.
Not surprising to think of the numbers of friends/family members lost to cancer. 🙁You cannot view this attachment.

Onslow

My next read will be Bethania, the Village by the BLack Walnut Bottom.

Those are familiar with the history of WS, or a descendant of the Moravians, are probably acquainted with, or know of the diaries written various people in the community from the mid 1750s onward until just before the civil war.  This book has some very up close and personal accounts of everyday life in the days leading up to the  Revolutionary War.  Some very juicy material here.

Dee-Vo

Enjoyed this book big time! Mystery, truth, and history wrapped into one. 📚 #edwinrist #kirkwallacejohnson #alfredrusselwallace #deadbirds

Thanks to @Dougfish for mentioning this one.

Woolly Bugger

yup, a great true thriller and it involved a bulletin message board... 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutrus

"It's lovely to live on a raft"

driver

My favorite Mark Twain book is "Life on the Mississippi" I highly recommend reading it.

Woolly Bugger

I heard about this bio on a Dr. Drew podcast!
me -There's a season?