News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2017 Warm Water

Started by driver, March 05, 2017, 09:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

This week's West Virginia smallmouth trip has been cancelled due to an employee being written out by her doctor......bitch. I headed to a small river nearby to me yesterday. My new G3 boots haven't gotten here quite yet, so I'm still on my busted-ass Freestones. Felt is all but gone. I'm going to try the wire brush trick and see if that'll help some.

Nailed several small smallmouths, largemouths, and sunnies. At one point a dozen or so kayaks came floating down. One dude is coming down a set of rapids backwards. He's fighting a fish that is 50 yards upstream over rapids and boulders. I was like WTF. I asked if he needed my help. He says hell yea, I've got a big one. Grabbed his yak and told him to hold her steady. The fish wouldn't fit in my small trout net. I wrestled the damned thing to the surface and threw it in his lap, meanwhile tearing my knees all to shit on the rocks beneath me. The fish ended up being a 24" 4.3lb stocker rainbow. That fish made his day. Interesting.

Good fishin', fellers.

Dougfish

Add "humanitarian" to your resume.  :P
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on June 12, 2017, 09:08:00 AM
Add "humanitarian" to your resume.  :P

And "Inadvertent killer of stocked trouts." That guy was like, "This one will eat real good!"

Yallerhammer

24" doughbelly rainbow fillets are salmon, just sayin'. :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Yallerhammer on June 12, 2017, 15:30:03 PM
24" doughbelly rainbow fillets are salmon, just sayin'. :D

The dude caught it on a 4" plastic bass lizard while he just trolled it behind his kayak. I'd say that thing has eaten all kinds of creepy-crawleys. Mini-salmon, indeed.

Fishbug

Had an hour to kill....went to the local parkway where you can often sight fish for bass, panfish, and carp. Carp sightings were slim at first spot. Red eye were aggressive though:

Spotted a decent smallie---cast the ole popper upstream of him and he slurped it in typically smallie fashion on the drift, then took a shitty pic:

Rolled upriver and spotted two large carp feeding. Looked up and this was rolling in fast:

Figured holding a lighting rod trying to catch fish I wasn't going to catch was a bad idea....I bailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougfish

Neighbor!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Fishbug

Quote from: Dougfish on June 15, 2017, 18:59:30 PM
Neighbor!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Where do you live?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRIFTS

what a weekend

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

DRIFTS

DRIFTS

DRIFTS

Musky really handing me my ass...4 follows, 4 blow ups/eats, and still missed em...the other fellows had multiple follows but no eats...so they stuck it to the smallies

Big J

Well you cannot say you didn't try for the musky.  Smallie action looked good in last video.  Happy Birthday Drifts.

DRIFTS

Thanks J, hollar when ya want to float

Al

Just saying .......... ;D 

Actually I didn't catch it but the lovely in the 2nd photo who is my Wounded Warrior neighbor did - am I a good neighbor or what???