Smith River TU Meeting 3-2-17

Started by Al, February 20, 2017, 19:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) will hold it's quarterly meeting on Thursday, March 2, 2017,  6:30 p.m., at Rania's Restaurant, 147 Main St, Martinsville VA .  This meeting will feature the tying skills of five chapter members as they demonstrate how to tie flies which enjoy success on the Smith River.  Fly patterns will include the Wig Z Midge, Kreelex Streamer, Puff Daddy Dry Fly, Pheasant Tail Soft Hackle and the Smith River Allieworm. Fly pattern material lists and pictures of the patterns will be available to take home. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own vises and either follow along or show off their own skills as they tie their favorite fly. With enough interest, the fly tying theme may grow into regular fly tying classes offered by Chapter members.

Other business:

1) Secretary & Treasury Reports

2) Overview of events the Chapter has planned for calendar year 2017 – the first up being the Annual Mt Rogers/Grayson Highlands Area Camping and Fishing Trip.  Join us April 28, 29, 30th for a great trip and fish Washington, Smyth, and Grayson counties. We'll stay at our usual roomy campsite in Grindstone Campground. We will share dinners and breakfasts, lunch on your own. Fish Whitetop-Laurel, Green Cove, S. Fork of the S. Holston, Fox, Big Wilson and more. Contact Doug Jessie at 540-874-6560 or d.jessie81@gmail.com  to reserve your spot.

Don't forget the Swap Table   -  If you have not participated you may be missing out. In the recent past we have had books, magazines (free for the taking), rods, reels, tying vises,  waders, vests, tackle boxes and more. Bring what you want to sell or trade. Slap your name and a price on it and recycle the stuff you don't use or need. Look around for those "it was a good idea at the time" purchases you made but now reside in the back of your closet or garage. Be ready to haggle. Bring some extra cash and walk away with some neat "I need one of those" items!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 01, 2017, 21:45:13 PM
I may try and make this....

Come one - Come all. In addition to the previously announced agenda we have invited newly assigned VDGIF CPO (Game Warden) Bruce Young to stop by to introduce himself.