News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Another sign of Global Warming ~

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 03, 2006, 17:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

QuoteHe can time the blue quill and quill Gordon flies to the budding forsythia, and the flowering of that bright yellow shrub to Hendricksons coming off the water. But while insects and plants have remained in sync with one another, hatches and blooms are happening so much earlier that Meck has had to revise his hatch chart five times in the past 30 years.

"Oh, it concerns me," said Meck, who lives in Pennsylvania Furnace, Pa. "A lot of hatches are coming off even before trout season begins. For years and years, I'd fish the Beaverkill on New York's opening day, April 1, and it would be an exception to see little blue-winged olives. Now it's really, really common. Anglers are seeing them as early as March."

Although the opening day of trout season in New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut has not changed in more than half a century, spring is coming sooner, according to scientists who study climate change and its impact on the environment.

Weather Turns Fishy, to Dismay of Anglers
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/03/sports/othersports/03outdoors.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!