Micro fiber isn't just non-hipster

Started by Aka, January 24, 2017, 11:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

Mudwall, misguided in his choice of wearing cotton dungarees while fishing as he might be, may have a better reason to avoid synthetic clothes.

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-fashion/patagonia-admits-theres-problem-synthetic-clothes.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Bugger

DANG :o

Must say thou that I don't own a lot of synthetics, and the jackets that I don have rarely or ever get washed <-;: d:b :banana026:
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

My signature blue fleece commonly seen in my TRs is 20.years old.  I expect to be wearing it another 20.

Dougfish

Dang it, I just bought 4 pairs of synthetic boxer briefs to help prevent chaffing while hiking and fishing.

Is that too much information?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

rbphoto

Merino Wool is your environmentally safe lifelong friend.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

BrookieHunter

Damn, just made me think twice about this glass of tap water in my hand.
The next logical question would be does the process of making beer remove these plastics from the water being used? Being an alcoholic might not be so bad after all. 0:0

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Aka on January 24, 2017, 11:28:33 AM
Mudwall, misguided in his choice of wearing cotton dungarees while fishing as he might be, may have a better reason to avoid synthetic clothes.

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-fashion/patagonia-admits-theres-problem-synthetic-clothes.html

Misguided my ass!  It is called visionary efficiency.  With incredulity a person is forced to learn.  After that fiery spark from the pipe burned that first dime-sized hole in the Simms fleece, I was a plastic skeptic.  It ain't rocket science.  We're screwing Mother Nature and not even giving her time to douche between fornications.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon