New to the site, and hello

Started by Soro2410, January 19, 2017, 16:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soro2410

Just wanted to say hello and i look forward to getting to chance to interact. I currently live in Southwest VA and fish as much as my wife will let me. I enjoy all species of fly fishing in the area. Love getting creative on the tying bench and have really enjoyed fishing photograhy. I look forward to your post and getting the chance to interact.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Soro2410

So i should have mentioned I like long walks on the beach with my 5 wt?

troutfanatic

A five weight is a rough rod for the beach. You should buy a 10 weight. I know a guy.

driver

Welcome to teh boards.
Into definitely weak.. but at this point I really don't give a fuck any more.

Onslow

SW Virginia is a large and diverse piece of real estate.  Which county?

I hope to dog yer not another Slut Ho guide bro wannabe.

Michael Toris

Dee-Vo

Soro2410,

I'm also curious about your whereabouts in Southwest Virginia.

Also, what does Soro2410 mean?

What counties do you frequently fish?

What beach do you enjoy walking on with your 5wt?

Are you a pro?

Have you ever treble-snagged a large brown?

-- Sincerely, Dee-Vo --

Soro2410

Wow, I could grow to like this site, Bedford country is my location. I currently travel VA, west Va, tenn and North Carolinian for work. I tend to fish were my job takes me. I also typically do a one trip back to CO once a year. Lived there for 9 years. Soro2410, no real significant meaning. Never snagged a brown. I do prefer my 5 wt over my 10 wt for my beach walks. My passion is ripping streamers for browns.

Dee-Vo

Soro2410

Soro2410

Because if a pro is defined as the follows then yes!
- breaks off on 7x
-drinks to many beer on float trips
- loses my 5x tipper every trip
- only fishes bass top water
- gets really pissed when someone  wears medal spikes in my drift boat
- can't see size 24 and smaller anymore
Then yes! Lol

Pansyman

Well, since you asked to be a pro you must:

*Drive a Toyota with a camper shell and 347 (min number) stickers of things most people don't care about.
*you must have your own vocabulary that is a mix of surfer/stoner/ dork/ dweeb with abbreviated words that let us know you're cool
*you have to drink a beer no one and I mean no one has ever heard of ( or PBR ONLY)
*you must be able to dog cuss the everloving shit out of a client who continuously effs up his casts, but be so damn clever and handsome with your eternity scruff that he still tips you a Hondo.

you must not take any shit off the people on this site you I attempted to describe above. 'c; y;
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.