News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Nantahala Info?

Started by phlyphisher, June 03, 2006, 13:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phlyphisher

First off, great site, just found it.

Secondly, i'm mostly a tennesse-side-of-the-park fisher, and am heading over to WNC for a couple of days to hit the Nantahala and possibly Deep Creek. Where is the best access at on the Nantahala at this time of year? Is it strictly above the powerhouse, or can you also get around pretty easily where they raft? I've been rafting there once years ago, and don't recall it being that big, but you know how memory is.

Also, is the Tuck wadeable and worth fishing close to Bryson City?

Appreciate any info that anyone is willing to share, mainly general access stuff, and whether or not the Nantahala is crowded with bait casters now that the DH is over.

Thanks for anything that anyone is willing to share, and great site.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: phlyphisher on June 03, 2006, 13:36:07 PM
First off, great site, just found it.

Secondly, i'm mostly a tennesse-side-of-the-park fisher, and am heading over to WNC for a couple of days to hit the Nantahala and possibly Deep Creek. Where is the best access at on the Nantahala at this time of year? Is it strictly above the powerhouse, or can you also get around pretty easily where they raft? I've been rafting there once years ago, and don't recall it being that big, but you know how memory is.

Also, is the Tuck wadeable and worth fishing close to Bryson City?

Appreciate any info that anyone is willing to share, mainly general access stuff, and whether or not the Nantahala is crowded with bait casters now that the DH is over.

Thanks for anything that anyone is willing to share, and great site.

The nanty above the powerhouse is very wadable, but under general harvest rules now...so everybody is going to be pulling the fish out left and right....

Below the powerhouse is a tough fish not very wadable strong current from generation few spots you can fish from. Use a ton of lead to get er down

The tuck is wadable in spots we fish the DH section near Cullawhee (sp) from "Jack the Dipper" to Webster. This is wadable when there not generating

Deep Creek is good but be prepaired for a hike to get to the better water. We're talking miles...

Tube hatch will be in full bloom from Indian Creek down to the camp ground.....

I don't know much about the Tuck below webster, there may be smallmouth action down by Bryson City...others may have more info....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

larrybug

in deep creek the fishing is better than you would think right where the tubbers get in. almost nobody starts fishing where the tubbers get in, most every one walks up to the falls.  also the game warden or dnr is in the parking lot a lot of the time at dark checking liscense as you come out.