Kyocera Duraforce Pro

Started by Onslow, December 26, 2016, 18:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

This phone seems like a sensible choice for me.  Does anyone here own one?

Woolly Bugger

Looks good to me, I hate worrying about drowning my iPhone

https://www.cnet.com/products/kyocera-duraforce-pro/preview/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

I likey. I'm 1 1/2 years into destroying a S6. This one could be next.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Stone-Man

I don't own that phone,but I do own a Kyocera flip phone. And it is tough as hell.Plus it is waterproof. And yeah---mine has been underwater.  Big Kyocera fan here

JT

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Stone-Man on December 27, 2016, 13:35:11 PM
I don't own that phone,but I do own a Kyocera flip phone. And it is tough as hell.Plus it is waterproof. And yeah---mine has been underwater.  Big Kyocera fan here

JT

You know what they say about great minds.  Stone and I have Kyocera flips.  My flip is one tough cookie, but it's still a f*cking cell phone! 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

driver

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on December 27, 2016, 15:38:32 PM
Quote from: Stone-Man on December 27, 2016, 13:35:11 PM

JT

You know what they say about great minds.  Stone and I have Kyocera flips.  My flip is one tough cookie, but it's still a f*cking cell phone!
WTF? Kephart didn't have no cell phone.

Big J

Don't let Hiner fool ya, his "cell phone" is smoke signal. 

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Onslow

6 months in, the phone has issues.  It is very durable, and unaffected by wet weather, however, the battery life is greatly diminished, and there are software glitches.  Not sure if this is an Android issue, or a result of the OS being augmented by Verizon, or Kyocera.  Settings are constantly changing on their own.  I will probably to restore to factory settings.  I fail to understand why I pad/phone batteries last for years, and other brands' batteries are impotent after a year.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on July 08, 2017, 06:14:14 AM
6 months in, the phone has issues.  It is very durable, and unaffected by wet weather, however, the battery life is greatly diminished, and there are software glitches.  Not sure if this is an Android issue, or a result of the OS being augmented by Verizon, or Kyocera.  Settings are constantly changing on their own.  I will probably to restore to factory settings.  I fail to understand why I pad/phone batteries last for years, and other brands' batteries are impotent after a year.

Never had any problems with mine, but I have no apps, never use any of the features, other than phone/txt.  Plus the battery holds well, but I turn the damned thing off at every opportunity.  Honestly, I have nothing to compare it to except silence.  Well established fact – I'm technologically cell phone challenged.

I wonder what piece of radical, cutting-edge codswallop will have issues and warrant our bitching in 50 years?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-farrelly/the-addiction_b_2470941.html
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 08, 2017, 08:52:23 AM
Quote from: Onslow on July 08, 2017, 06:14:14 AM

Never had any problems with mine, but I have no apps, never use any of the features, other than phone/txt.  Plus the battery holds well, but I turn the damned thing off at every opportunity.  Honestly, I have nothing to compare it to except silence.  Well established fact – I'm technologically cell phone challenged.

I wonder what piece of radical, cutting-edge codswallop will have issues and warrant our bitching in 50 years?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peter-farrelly/the-addiction_b_2470941.html

Word! I resisted for decades getting a cell phone and only got one when work made me carry it! Then I resisted "upgrading" to a "smart phone", now it's my crack, can't put the damn thing down -- on the bright side there is tinder [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwgnc

I can't take a crap without my smart phone
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Dee-Vo

I would love to not have a phone period. That would be nice.

Dougfish

Smartphone and hotspot for computer for me or I don't get fed. It is what it is. But there is no signal in them deep dark hollows.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006