News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Walleye world

Started by itieuglyflies, July 27, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itieuglyflies

For the last twenty years or so a buddy and I join a group of friends from Pennsylvania and load up a trailer and two vehicles with too much gear and head for Quebec. After two days of driving with the last twelve miles on a very rough gravel road we arrive at the lake.
[attachment id=0 msg=159076]

This year we elected to stay at one of the cabins near the base camp on the 16 mile long lake, our trip leader (86 yrs old) made this call because he was tired of cooking and planning meals for a group of 8-12 of us every year. Imagine that? At base camp they have a French (of course) Chef to prepare great meals. Our cabin was cozy but tight.
I must say the French eat some different stuff from us southern boys. A cup of beans with breakfast? How about peas and gravy over a hamburger?

[attachment id=0 msg=159076][attachment id=0 msg=159076]

One may ask and believe me I do the same. Why drive so far. Well it is of course being with good friends but the fishing is outstanding. We go primarily for walleye
That typically run 14-18 inches. But every day you can expect several in the 20-24 inch range. One of our guys got one 28 inch this trip and that is a good one.[attachment id=0 msg=159076]
[attachment id=1 msg=159076][attachment id=2 msg=159076]

The lake is full of other toothy critters. But mostly smallish

But occasionally a bigger one tries to eat your hooked walleye or in this case ate the little jig tipped with a nightcrawler. Buddy was happy after I managed to grab it since we did not have a net with us!

Once again a good week with our group of eight caught 1,033 walleye in 5 days and thirty or so pike as by catch.

[attachment id=0 msg=159076][attachment id=0 msg=159076][attachment id=0 msg=159076][attachment id=0 msg=159076][attachment id=0 msg=159076]

Footnote to trip and I mean a real Footnote?....after the brutal drive back down 95 on Saturday in pouring rain, I was off loading my buddies gear from my car and
Dropped a 15 lb anchor onto the top of my foot! X-rays revealed no broken bones but I am laid up for a while, thus the attempt at a TR. if I screwed up blame the pain and or my poor skills.

itieuglyflies

I give up trying to post.....yes all the pics were different!

The Dude

Quote from: itieuglyflies on July 27, 2018, 10:38:18 AM
. if I screwed up blame the pain pills and or my poor skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

LOL, Fred.
Nice sunset, set, set.....set.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Big J

Woolly Bugger

Call me sometime and we will discuss your epic photo posting skills fail...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

driver

Did you see and sunsets? I heard they can be nice in that part of the world.

itieuglyflies

Did I mention we had some great sunsets?

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

itieuglyflies

Another try at a nice pike

Michael Toris

I wanna see the eyes

Make it happen

Onslow

Quote from: DAYUMson on December 06, 2018, 00:17:26 AM
I wanna see the eyes

Make it happen

I might give it a whirl in Feb if the water flows are not insane.  Too many choices however.

Should I just camp riverside, and fish at night?

Michael Toris

Quote from: Onslow on December 08, 2018, 08:36:19 AM
Quote from: DAYUMson on December 06, 2018, 00:17:26 AM
I wanna see the eyes

Make it happen

I might give it a whirl in Feb if the water flows are not insane.  Too many choices however.

Should I just camp riverside, and fish at night?
Both can be productive. I would expect camping would allow both day and night fishing opportunities. Flows are key