News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

lake hickory panfish

Started by lepomis_mcro, May 27, 2006, 21:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

was a great day to be out on the water, using poppers for panfish..

water was fairly clear, water temp was low 70's

gills were up on the beds, and were very angry at anything swimming in their face..

my friend Mr_Mcginty called to see if i would like some afternoon fish, so of course i said yes loaded up the warm water flies and hit the road

once on the water i put a small frog clored popper on and never looked back

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

great end to an awsome day

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

badankles

nice...gotta find me one of those poppers   ;D
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

cmiller51h

Ya'll were only about 2 miles from my house.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: badankles on May 29, 2006, 20:48:58 PM
nice...gotta find me one of those poppers   ;D

the poppers are the size #10 that come in a pack of ten or so... they are white hard foam... i tie in some hackle, rubber legs, and color them with a sharpie..i like the yellow and green frog colors ;D
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

badankles

DIY, huh?  fly tying is an art form, good job.  like the trick with the little claps or whatever you did to quick swap poppers.
when's a newbie no longer a newbie...

FT

Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars