News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

best fishing in north carolina

Started by larrybug, May 26, 2006, 19:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybug

ok i have the nc trout fishishing maps ( the big blueish one) boone looks real interesting as a town. the  wild trout water looks good for that area.  anyone fish that area? i checked out all the towns metioned- thanks 

Woolly Bugger

Boone is on (or close too) the Watauga Delayed Harvest Fishign and near Helton Creek another DH stream. There are some blue line creeks in the area as well.
It is also close (for NC) to the Watauga and S. Holston Tailwaters... (out of state license $80)

Brevard/Ashville are close to the Davidson River a TU top 100 stream and lots of smaller creeks and blue line streams. You are also close to the Smoky Mountains National Park...

We can't tell you where to live... or even come close

You might want to just move to Elizabethton TN and forget about NC all together.....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

larrybug

wooliebugger you must be in tn.  i am trying to compromise trout and my son at lejeune. i have been checking out the trout maps and all of the towns everyone has metioned. the gallery of photos on this fourm is very exciting. the fishing in north georgia is very good with no crowds. most days are spent with out seeing another party. i noticed a lot of background anglers in a couple of pict in the gallery but i asume that was peak season drifting.. i also started checking out all fly shops that popped up from a search of fly shops in north carolina.trout unlimited was sporadic but looks well involved. i love catch and release of wild trout but was on the educational board of the chattahoocie hatchery near blue ridge georgia. i think kids need good enviromental and conservation training. the hatcheries are not going away anytime soon so working with them and tu was a lot of fun.

Woolly Bugger

No, Larry I'm stuck in Winston-Salem, NC about an hour to the closest trout water the Smith in VA, the Mitchell River DH and Stone Mountain. It's a three hour drive to TN but well worth it...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

larrybug

hey wb    is there really no good trout near ws?  i posted on savh's place a yahoo search for
pinky the cat     check it out