Against my better judgement...

Started by hcrum87hc, September 23, 2016, 10:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcrum87hc

After lurking for a while, and against my better judgement, I guess I should start contributing.  Short intro incoming, then pics.  I'm not new to fly fishing, but I'm not very experienced either.  I grew up in, and currently live in, the upstate of SC.  I always loved the mountains, but never got enough of them growing up.  I grew up fishing the local lakes a lot, as my parents have a house on Lake Hartwell.  My wife and I lived in Beaufort down in the lowcountry for three years after graduating from Clemson.  My dad and I did a lot of fishing down there during that time, but I missed the mountains and my family, so we moved back up here a few years ago.  I decided a few months ago that I wanted to really get into fly fishing, and I've been focused on the Pisgah area lately.  I've recently made a couple trips to fish the Davidson, Looking Glass, North Mills, and South Mills so far.  I did spend some time last year on the DH section of the East Fork of the French Broad.  Anyways, here's some of my more recent pictures from the past few years.  Don't judge my pre-beard baby face.

Some decent sized crappie from last spring
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This is a bow that I caught on the above crappie outing.  I'd have never guessed there'd be a trout in Lake Hartwell.

The following are some of our better fish from my time in Beaufort.

These were all hooked up at the same time.  My brother in law was fighting a fourth when this picture was taken.

Here's a few punes from my recent outings.

I can't even...

Last, a shot of the best dog to ever live, Murphy

Jeremiah 17:7

driver

Not bad. Nice triple tail. But, no boobs, booze or carp.....

Better than the last guy....

Bowfert or Buefert?

Dougfish

Much better than douchebgs. But that is looow standard. Salt! Greetings.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dee-Vo

What's with all the damned spinning gear lately?

It'd be great if some of the dudes that are doing intros would actually contribute something other than the initial intro. Do that.

I'd be interested in seeing some reportage from your Davidson, Looking Glass, North Mills, and South Mills ventures. I shall be in those areas next week.

hcrum87hc

Buefert.  I think Bowfert is how you pronounce the one in NC.  A buddy and I are headed to the Pisgah area tomorrow morning.  Maybe a TR will follow...

benben reincarnated

Quote from: hcrum87hc on September 23, 2016, 12:29:23 PM
A buddy and I are headed to the Pisgah area tomorrow morning.  Maybe a TR will follow...

Hope you find flowing water.

hcrum87hc

Quote from: benben reincarnated on September 23, 2016, 12:49:04 PM

No joke.  I'm the stormwater engineer for my county, and it's been very dry.  Makes work pretty slow.

bmadd

A buddy and I are headed to the Pisgah area tomorrow morning.  Maybe a TR will follow...

Be nice to your fellow Clemson fan

benben reincarnated

Quote from: bmadd on September 23, 2016, 14:05:00 PM

Be nice to your fellow Clemson fan

Man fuck Clemson.

Jfey

Yup, going fishing

Yallerhammer

That'll do. The spinning gear don't bother me, the only thing I can't forgive is that damned yuppie pro-fisherman neck/face rag. :)

I like SC, got a place down near McCormick myself. I like to go down there and run catfish jugs, crappie fish, bowfish for gar, and deer hunt. Love to catch some reds, too.

Like Dee-vo said, now contribute.

BTW, how did you already get Dougfish out there on a boat with you? :D
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Yallerhammer on September 24, 2016, 11:13:18 AM
That'll do. The spinning gear don't bother me, the only thing I can't forgive is that damned yuppie pro-fisherman neck/face rag. :)

I like SC, got a place down near McCormick myself. I like to go down there and run catfish jugs, crappie fish, bowfish for gar, and deer hunt. Love to catch some reds, too.

Like Dee-vo said, now contribute.

BTW, how did you already get Dougfish out there on a boat with you? :D

Gotta have the sun protection.  I'm on some meds that make me super sensitive to the sun and up my skin cancer risk.  ::)  But don't worry.  These days I'm wearing a wide brim hat, so no more yuppie rags.  TR coming Monday.  Apparently Dougfish is my dad?  McCormick huh?  We used to hunt near McCormick.  My wife is from just up the road in Abbeville. 

Oh, and go Tigers!  y;

driver

I wear a yuppy rag. Oh, And my neck ain't red.

Let me know when they start cutting you up peice by peice.

Dougfish

I wear the buff on open water for sun protection. I certainly don't care what anyone thinks. My dermatologist approves.

His pops looks more like Drifts than me. Can he hang with him Bud Light Lime for Lime?
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

ptfranze

Ehhhhh....not bad I guess at least unlike the last few idiots you added actual fishing pics to your intro, would have liked to see more fly fishing than spin fishing but those are some nice reds.

I'm a ginger so I have no choice but to wear buffs and don't give a fuck, so much better than being sunburnt