Getting high on life (CO)

Started by Dougfish, September 04, 2016, 08:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Quote from: Jfey on September 06, 2016, 08:32:40 AM
Thought it looked familiar.  I enjoyed seeing the cutties cruising the shoreline.  Could have done without all the people though.

No shit. It was the no fee w/e. The park was a fudging zoo. We bailed on the hike on Sunday. The overflow lot where you catch the shuttle was full at 9 am.
Went Monday. By the time we were coming down, it was a steady stream of humanity going up. RMNP got 5 million visitors last year.  :o
That was my third visit. Headed to Ouray/Durango/Telluride area for next go round.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Rhody

nice trip
looks like great fun

red rum
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Dougfish

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Onslow

Quote from: Dougfish on September 06, 2016, 08:43:15 AM
Quote from: Jfey on September 06, 2016, 08:32:40 AM
Thought it looked familiar.  I enjoyed seeing the cutties cruising the shoreline.  Could have done without all the people though.

No shit. It was the no fee w/e. The park was a fudging zoo. We bailed on the hike on Sunday. The overflow lot where you catch the shuttle was full at 9 am.
Went Monday. By the time we were coming down, it was a steady stream of humanity going up. RMNP got 5 million visitors last year.  :o
That was my third visit. Headed to Ouray/Durango/Telluride area for next go round.

Like your selection there.  Just don't attempt Red Mt. Pass if it's snowing.  In 1979, my family/convoy had a most nerve shattering experience up there.  Fun, but very scary.  Snow, ice, bias ply tires, broken timing chain, tire tracks over cliff.......It was either Ouray or Silverton where help was found.  If my old man hadn't chosen to make this a two vehicle trip, there is a fair possibility I, or my parents, 6 siblings and 2 family friends wouldn't be here.  The town was closing up shop for the Winter being it was mid-late Oct.  We were informed the party that drove off the cliff would probably be found in the Spring.  Big ole warm fuzzy shrug from the locals :o

Dougfish

We did a  May whirlwind trip about 7 years ago through Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Pikes Peak, Great Sand Dunes, Durango, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Grand Junction, CO National Monument park, and Vail in a week. Silverton to Ouray looked like it had just opened up recently.  :o
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

WC68

Assuming that's your wife walking down the hall at the Stanley. Unless it's you, there's a strange dark, man like figure behind your wife in that photo. Looks like a haint to me.

Good luck with that.

Dee-Vo

I see what you're referring to. I think that would be in front of her, though.

Maybe Doug's imaginary friend....

Dougfish

There is only 15 other people on the tour ahead of her. Orb. Yes. Fo sure. Ain't seeing anything else.
Want to, but no.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,